#1 KaboomJohn111

KaboomJohn111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

I'm wanting to swap my k40 box to a k50 box

I've asked a few times if anything needs to be swapped

I know it is basically a straight swap, But I keep running into the same problem

Some say you need to put in the shifter from the k50 box, others say that the k40 shifter is fine in a k50 box etc. and most forums always end up with the discussion of shifter position betweeen KE20-30's (Forward), KE30-55's (Middle) and KE70 (Rearwards)

All I want is a clear answer, For this swap Do I have to change the shifter or are both interchangeable with one another

Also if the answer is that I have to put the K50 shifter with the K50 box, Please Give me and explanation why the two shifters are not interchangeable

I will in anycase put the k50 box with the K50 shifter since it came with it, But for future reference, and to clear any confusions for anyone (myself included)

Also I plan to find a short throw shifter for mine (because as many would know, the throw is long) Does anyone know who, or where to get one from (preferably brand new)

#2 Clapped out

Clapped out

Wannabe Ke Salvage

• Donor
  • 1063 posts
  • Online:Today, 09:37 AM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

Shifters between k40 and k50 FROM A KE70 are the same, only the earlier models before ke70 are different. Your gearbox will be a direct swap over in your ke70,

cheers!

Posted Image
I am a financial supporter of Rollaclub. You can be too.
Donate Here and support your forum.

#3 Nutta1

Nutta1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Online:08 Jan 2017 09:15 AM

• CC BY-SA (recommended)

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

I did this many years ago the only drama I had was the clutch plate splines were different but I think that may have been a stuff up from the clutch and brake shop just check the number of splines before installing otherwise straight forward swap.

#4 KaboomJohn111

KaboomJohn111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:16 PM

Thanks guys, hopefully this will help others too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users