Twin Carb Linkage

Retrospekt

Ok guys, i have searched the forums and tried searching google but to no avail, bought a lynx corp twin sidedraught weber/dellorto (for dellortos) and I'm lost as to how to connect it all up. Have a slight idea as to how it works but not down to exact details. If any one has a link to help on them or can supply close up pics of their set ups it would be a huge help. Thanks in advance for any help, Nathan

Members dont see this ad
Redline performance products do linkage kits they are on the net or your local

autobarn or parts retailer usually can order them for you and the money they are its worth it in the end i think.

I agree. I used the redline linkages on my Dellortos. They are packaged as a set, complete with instuctions. I modified mine a little and welded on an accelerator cable linkage.

Ignore the feather on the firewall.....Thats a Trophy. :y:

post-336-1164878557_thumb.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

Not much problem atm as Redline sent me a 40mm manifold instead of a 45mm and hurrah! it wont go onto the block as they drilled the holes on a angle

Most people with Redline manifolds, including myself have had the same drama's with them. The manifold needs to be cut/shaped to clear the extractor mounting plate. I also found that the locating holes were too small and didnt clear the dowel pins in the head. So the holes had to be drilled out to a larger diameter. I also had the face of the manifold machined down to the same thickness as my extractor mounting plate. I had to do that because the bolt was actually tightening up on the manifold but not even contacting the extractor mounting plate.

I didnt have dramas with the holes being drilled on an angle though.

Ahh ok, i picked it up during work at around lunchtime yesterday and didnt leave till 11pm, so when it wouldnt go on easily after looking at it for 10 mins i left it and went to bed. i have a stock 2tg one somewhere so ill just use that as a template.

As far as the linkage is concerned i may just get it done when i get the carbs jetted and fitted, unless i can find a weber/dellorto linkage with instructions. The uprights on mine atm are made of plastic, as are the ends of the arms (yellow boxes in pic). They probably work fine but it just seems sketchy

post-1954-1164957102.jpg

I also had the face of the manifold machined down to the same thickness as my extractor mounting plate. I had to do that because the bolt was actually tightening up on the manifold but not even contacting the extractor mounting plate.

They had the same dramas when fitting mine, The guy at recarb was hesitant to machine down the intake manifold the same size as the extractors as you can never put it back on. Instead he fabricated some washers up to push down on the extractors where they needed it to keep it sealed properly.

Here are some more pictures anyway..

Sv103320.jpg

Sv103339.jpg

Sv103341.jpg

Sv103342.jpg