4ac Electric Dizzy Wires?

tas_ae71

hey,

first question is i have an ae82 electric dizzy which I'm replacing my points dizzy with.

i have a new bosh coil to suit an electric dizzy.

has 2 wires from the dizzy (green and pink). what side of the coil do these attach to? (1 positive and 1 negative)

the other wires from the old dizzy power and earth etc, do they still attach same?

p.s. just found out that this silly kent sold me the wrong cap to go with it... cheese bag...

thanks,

i searched but to no avail :party:

Members dont see this ad
eeerrr whats this black thing..?

I have the electric type coil and the dizzy. What does this thing do..?

does it increase the voltage from the coil? or can it just be bypassed (i.e. not really needed)?

The Electronic Ignition module (in black) converts pulses from the dizzy hall genarator into a signal to fire the coil. It is located under the tin cover at the base of the distributer

post-3388-1189247640.jpg

Edited by irokin

excellent, thanks a lot mate.

thanks for your help...

edit: just have to make up some wires and time it and should be crankin sweet

IF you remove the Electronic ignition module don't forget to put some heatsink compound on the back as they will burn out without it.

sorry??

i took that cover off to check which wire was whichthan put it back on. i use some little auto clips to conect to the orginal plug.

i have got it running and it gose sweet, the stronger spark help to burn the over rich fuel.

excuse the messy juble of wires.

pic0911102zo7.jpg

IF you remove the Electronic ignition module don't forget to put some heatsink compound on the back as they will burn out without it.

It will be ok as long as you did not wipe the back clean , what I was referering to is a white heat sink compound that must be put on the back of the module to cool it. it looks like white grease. you can even reuse the old stuff just as long as its there.

same heatsink compound is also used between computer CPU and Fans.

oh zing there was some crusty crap on there which i cleaned most of it off... heheh.

i asume you can buy this at most junky electronics stores.

it seems to run alright so i must of got all the wires arond the right way.. :locked:

Any Heatsink compound will do try Tandy, Dick Smith, Force or even the local computer shop may have some.

new Bosch ignition modules come with a small pack of heat sink compound. I use dow corning silicone heat sink comnpoud and use as pictured.

post-3388-1189585342_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Any one know the parts number for a suitable coil for the electronic dizzy coil?

went to auto1 and they said it was the tube based one, but won't be in stock for a couple months.

repco say they have one for $100(unknow type).

i get a 10% discount at auto1.

so thought if anyone knew, then i would try and save some $$$.

Hey guys. Sorry to hi jack the thread, but i have a ae82 with 4ac motor and i recently took off the distributor cap and leads so i could give it a service. I changed the plugs, fuel filter, the leads, oil and oil filter. Anyways, i put it back together but forgot to put the distributor cap back on. I then tried to start it and noticed that it wouldnt start (it was cranking). I then went to check it out and noticed it was off. I put it back on but now it still wont start. Any help to get it started would be nice. Ps, I'm close to burning it!