'74 Ke30 2-door

Dyzza

hey fellas ...

I am in possession of 1 x 1974 KE30 2-door sedan, the 20,000th KE30 produced too :D

The car has a small amount of rust in engine bay, that will be taken care of shortly. The car will be painted XR6 orange via a workshop where i know a guy ;)

I have a j-spec mazda B6T engine that i plan to transplant into her, using an MX5 gearbox (since the motor was east-west from FWD tx3). These motors were rated at 115kw stock i believe.

I have a Galant VR4 rally-spec intercooler to use (courtesy of Andrew whom which i swapped a set of mags & sideskirts for), with a slightly larger than stock turbo (from the BPT; 1.8L turbo tx3's/familias). I am missing the stock ECU & loom, and tossing up whether or not to go after market with this gear or not ...

These rims are currently on my drivearound car, an old-school laser (thats where the sideskirts on Andrew's corona originated...) Since the offset is different, i'll have to get some spacers made up so she's all sweet (or just get some 16s =)).

My Plates :D (taken with me camera fone too ...)

mypic24.jpg

mypic25.JPG

mypic26.JPG

Does anyone recognise the mirror in this foto? It's not the original one ...

mypic27.JPG

Nice Ass... :)

mypic28.JPG

Estimated completion date: end of 2005.

Go the 2-doors ! How rare are these cars? I haven't seen any on the road since i've been looking ...

Cheers fellas,

Dylan aka Dyzza

Members dont see this ad

thats cool mate.....wish you luck with the engine conversion...

i have just been given one of these :).....i'm very stoked.....dunno what i'll be doing with it yet.....but i'll have something planned for sure.

Edited by Xany

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to see if it was still working. I just purchased an 88 mazda 323 gtx that has a ton of spares including a spare engine,turbo, efi, and all the goods to do a swap. What year mx5 are you using for the tranny? If I cannot sell my ke15 for what I need to get out of it, I may keep it around and get this engine hooked up and ready to swap in.

Just keeping my options open. Thanks for the help.

Glenn

• 1 month later...

This is something I've always wanted to do, because of how relatively cheap GTX engines are over here and the fact they are factory turbo, as opposed to 4agte. Although I'm unsure of what an mx5 gear box is worth? Would make a nice conversion!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys ...

well yeah this particular car isn't being completed by myself at the moment ...

i sold it to a mate and bought my yellow ke30 2 door...

the b6t i had i wrecked and sold...

I'm thinking of putting an s13 ca18 n/a in my rolla

The brown 2 door has been fixed up by my mate ... got rid of the rust, painted it XR6 lime green or whatever, and yeah ... he's gonna put a decent motor in it sometime

Laters!