Dyno Shops In Melbourne?

kangaroosa

Hi All,

Last weekend I got around to fitting my Dellorto DHLA 40's onto my 5K. I am having some trouble finding a Dyno shop in SE Melb that are competant in tuning Dellortos. Most only deal in Webers and Holleys.

So if anyone knows of a place (I'm from SE Melb).......but i'm open to all recommendations within Melb. Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

Members dont see this ad

now that makes sense why didnt i pick that one earlier.

I have three options which will probably able to tune her or at leats point you in the right direction.

POWERPLAY they used to be called datrally but still play wth datos not sure of address or number but they are ont the net i think, and they are in CHELTENHAM or MOORABBIN.

Mammi motors in SOMMERVILLE he tunes old rally cars will be able to suplly details when webers finds them.

And the last guy I'm not sure of the name but i do have his details at home and will post when i get there, he also is apparentlly pretty good with su`s too.

speek soon stu.

Thanks Mate.

The bloke i spoke to today said that "Datrally" used to be the guru's.......but they went out of business. So i'm glad to hear they are just trading under a new name. Hopefully with the same knowledgable staff.

I'll give them a try first, as they seem to be everyones first pick.

Thanks kickn5k. Your a Legend. :D

The people at "Mammi Motors" are very nice and more than willing to tune my car. They have a Dyno and heaps of parts in stock. $66/hr plus parts. Which I think is very reasonable.

"Powerplay" don't deal with Dellorto's anymore, as they can't seem to get parts. They only deal in Webers.

So I'm a very happy man. Thanks Again ;)

hey kangaroosa,

i spoke to mammi's a while ago about my webers on the commy and (i thinks its graham, not sure) said that even though he does alot of dato rally cars with twins, he would be more than willing to give mine a go. i told him the problem that i had with them and he new exactly what was going on. i've still got to get the car down to them to dyno but i've been to busy with kickn5k's corolla. really nice guy to talk to. i was refered to them by my engine machinist. i hope it works out for you. let us know how you go.

yeah i thought they would be no dramas we have only spoken to him on the phone and loved the idea of leighs quad webers, so we thought he was the man for the job.

I just thought powerplay as they were a bit closer to the city as i wasnt sure where your coming from. good luck let me know how you go.

Thanks Guys. Will do. I'm from the Springvale area, so Somerville is not too far out of the way.

First I have to get the manifold machined down to the same thickness as the extractors. I am also having the head shaved again to get the compression up to 10:1. Hopefully that will happen next week. So the tune-up will be 2-3 weeks away.

Edited by kangaroosa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my car back this week from being tuned. Mammi Motors are highly recommended by me. Top bunch of blokes :)

They reckon their dyno is very harsh (it generally doesnt read as high as other dyno shops). So maybe that will explain why i drove away with only 62rwKw with twins bolted on, compared to 56rwKw when i had a single 32/36 weber.

He gave some good insight as to how i could get more power out of the 5K. The cam tops out at 6200rpm. He also put me onto Iskenderian Valve Springs to solve the issues i have had in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Roosa your bay looks awesome !!

Got my old girl from mammi`s wed a massive difference in drivability and yes it only made 50rwkw or 65rwhp, so for a stock 5k-j with twin su`s a baby cam and ex system in a 700kg ke11 it goes pretty good not great just good. After G.O.R run the 5600rpm cam gets binned a monster clive cam solid and then my 4k head should be finnished and am chasing power to 7800rpm not chasing power numbers just after a bigger rpm band than 3500 - 5600. Mammi`s think they can get it to run from 3500 - 7500 with the right

cam.