Engineering a 5K

kickn5k

Members dont see this ad

Mine passed roadworthy and the Vic Roads inspection without being engineered. My 5K is bored out to 1600cc and worked to with in an inch of its life. When i had the engine number changed over at Vic Roads, the inspector didnt even hesitate.

Also, the bloke at Shannons insurance who inspected my car said he used to have the exact same combo in his Corolla. His wasnt engineered either.

Have a read of Point 11 in the "Legal Modifications" link below.

VICROADS

Edited by kangaroosa

I used to carry a nice bound copy of that in my car at all times. When I used to get pulled over for wheels etc I (politely( gave the officer that for a read, makes a world of difference having proof in your hands!

Sorry to hear you were shafted on rego stu, judt put it in later... noone will notice.

Or maybe you could try getting it inspected at another VicRoads office. I had mine done at the Dandenong office without any worries.

*EDIT* I took the liberty of splitting this into another topic for further discussion.

Edited by kangaroosa

Or maybe you could try getting it inspected at another VicRoads office. I had mine done at the Dandenong office without any worries.

Bloke at vicroads says he put a coment on the computer so if i try somewhere else theyll "know when you book it in again" what a f&**hole.

try the engineer he might fingers crossed as used to be a customer of ours before he changed to just being engineer might be able to ring vicroads and tell them they have now idea. but as a 5k was only available in camry or lightace it wasnt factory option and if so would need letter from toyota to say it was a factory option. thanks for the offer CAM but i have a 4k at home ive worked on this car flat out for the last celica cruise not keen on making it slower even for 1 day. but it did almost happen cracked a can mate arrived all came to dead stop.

:) well its off to enkleman services on thursday $450 money well spent.

They are in breaside if goes well ill have no hesitation to recomend them as i would allmost do it now just dealing with them over the phone. "youll have no dramas if its built with common sense" thats what i was wanting to hear.

Edited by kickn5k

hey guys, spoke to stu today and the engineer only picked him on a couple of things. exhaust (too loud) n the harnesses not having a A/S ticket on them. if anyone knows where we can get a couple of good standard seat belts for a ke11, let us know pls. we'll be working on the old girl this w/end to get her ready so we're not too far away now.

cheers leigh

If your willing to travel to Oakleigh, I know a bloke who keeps heaps of Corolla parts in his workshop. You name it, he's got it. Considering this weekend is a long weekend (for some of us) he may be taking a break. So Tommorrow may be your best option.

Peter Robinson Automotive

17 Carinish Road, Oakleigh South

9544 1162