Andra Sports Compacts 2006

Taz_Rx

Ok guys, sports compacts is on again soon at Tarmak.

18th of Nov,....so thats about 2.5 weeks away.

I gunna take both my cars out hopefully, I'll race the mazda and my GF's is gunna race the rolla (still gotta teach her to do toe's :) ). I know NickZ is planning on running his v6 rolla, but who else is going to race?????

entry last year was $45 for entry, insurance etc and $10 for an andra day licence, so for $55 + fuel its a great days fun.

heres a couple of teaser pics I took last year.

Picture112.jpg

Picture103.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

admission fee and licence is basically for the racing, then if you want to go in the burnout comp its NO extra. If you only want to go in the burnout comp its still the same $55, so you'd be crazy not to race aswell. :)

got my commonwhore radiator all fitted up yesterday, so I'm all ready for some skids. got a bit hot last time I went in it. :)

Forgot to mention before what the whole "sports compact" format is about for anybody who doesn't know. Basically any 4, 6 or rotary, carby or efi, turbo or NA, and then 'high tech' V8/10/12,.......so EFI only. This eliminates the typical carb fed v8's that normally dominate tassie drag racing.

more>]

Picture012.jpg

]

haha performance autos FTW!!!

and damn straight thats me rubbin my arse in the photo, was pit crew for andrew and austen as usual.

hopefully the s5 will get mid to low 11's this time, if we finish it.

josh, if i get the bellhousing in time we can put the w55 box behind it.

'i've seen how you drive, you've got a heavy foot'

hey Leon.

Turn off for tarmak is 2km south of Symmons Plains on the high way, theres a big sign. turn up that road and travel for another 3-4km and you can't miss it. :D

admission fee for spectators is $15 or $20 with a pit pass (very recommended) so then you can come see us and the cars. ;)

Edited by Taz_Rx

depending on numbers, you'll get about 6-8 passes in qualifying, then as long as you last in the eliminations. obviously if there is less cars there, you'll get more passes, and vice-versa.

gates open 12:00, qualifying @ 2:00, racing (eliminations) @ 7:00, then burnout comp once racing is finished.

cummon Cam, you know you want to! :lol:

all you need is a helmet, long sleeve shirt and trousers. ie, just no shorts and wife beaters. fire extinguishers aren't compulsory.

last year they had about 40 street cars.

normally not heaps of fwd, but always a couple. from what I have seen of you're car up bathurst street that time I rang Q, you might give the exa a good run for its money. that things got a bit of work done to it! did you see the pic above of the engine bay??

As far as entry, you can enter on the day (as most do) or you can now pre-enter at forster st wreckers and you'll get 1 extra championship point. :lol: