Ke55 Coupe - Project

dallaske55

Members dont see this ad

Thanks all for the encouraging words :( .

Fingers crossed I should be priming Monday and hopefully I'll have the flare molds made before i go back to work the following Monday. If i have enough Gell Coat and Glass left over i'll take a mold of the Wing also.

Here's a pic of the front with the bumper attached. I believe the bumper is off a KE35 (no black rubber ends). I have a set aside to attach later or i might just leave them off

post-2420-1231489133_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

G'day all,

It's been a long time between posts and man, have i been busy. I finally made my mind up and decided on upgrading the engine. I was lucky enough to buy a cheap Sprinter with a 4a-gze, T50, T-Series diff and Microtech. The past 6 months i have completed the Engine, Transmission and Diff transplant, Fuel system, Brake booster & MC upgrade and Engine wiring.

Last week i started it for the first time. Here's some pics and a movie

post-2420-1253094182_thumb.jpg

post-2420-1253094250_thumb.jpg

I'm over the moon. I just have to mount the 2 piece drive shaft and make an exhaust and the conversion is done

Wow! Looks fantastic - glad you did the engine conversion. I bet you'll be real happy with the 4agze!

Have you got any of the body work left to do? I noticed no lip, spoiler or guard flares in the last pic. Did you

decide to scrap that idea?

No way in hell! The fibre-glass is staying. It's off cause the next step is to make a set of moulds and make a clean set of fibre-glass bits.