Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Spewing!!! Just missed out on a set of 14"x8jj and 14"x10jj Hotwires in Ford pattern for TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS on Gumtree. Saw the ad, called the bloke right away, he didn't answer so I was pacing around pulling my hair out. Tried again and didn't answer... 5 minutes later the ad disappeared!

Do you know anything about this Sam? :hmm:

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Some of you may know or not, My name is Lance and I'm new to the rockin rollas scene. I'm keen to learn more about what really makes these things tick and hopefully get all you ACT guys out of your cages and maybe start getting an active amount of members on here.

I'm thinking maybe a meet/dinner/cruise/whatever once every two months to let everyone meet each other and just have a general catchup.

Just looking above i can see SAMMO is the region leader and maybe he can spread some more light on if we can get something like this going.

what do you all think?

cheers

Lance

PS: i drove a white KE55 sedan (square headlight model)

I'm thinking maybe a meet/dinner/cruise/whatever once every two months to let everyone meet each other and just have a general catchup.

Just looking above i can see SAMMO is the region leader and maybe he can spread some more light on if we can get something like this going.

Sounds good! Years ago ACT Rollaclub used to meet every month, but as people move on, get older etc etc, it becomes harder to meet.

But I'm all for a meet up every month or so, just depends on what day/time works for most people.

If we were to have a BBQ/meet at cotter or lake or whatever (or even hillclimb!), on say, first sunday of the month, how would something like that go down with people?

Let me know what people think, but I think we should meet up on a regular basis....

Edited by sammo

Yeah, I'm usually keen to meet up as long as it's not too much effort and I'm not too busy. The next couple of weeks are pretty packed (CCG Cruise, Motorkhana, Khanacross, working on 55 & 70), but it's probably best if people just start organising stuff.

Hey guys. I think the hillclimb is an awesome idea, Sammo! There is a BBQ on already and it would give us a chance to catch up with RC members, dream, and in general make a good day out! A cotter cruise every now and then is always on the cards. What weekends are the hillclimbs on?

I'm not in a Rolla at the moment, however, I hope to get back into one at the best opportunity, whether it be starting work on the KE30, or another daily. The problem is I'm not 100% sure on what I'm looking to buy for a daily as I've been through THREE KE70's. Yep, I broke the wagon too :( I'm wide open to opinions, as I've been looking at almost every brand of car for something that I like. To name a few I've been looking at Ford TX3 Turbo (AWD); a friend from work is wanting to sell a 1 owner 80,000km 1980 Mazda 626 Coupe; RX2/3/4 (too exy); a 4AGE powered *E7* or any KE for that matter; S13; some sort of bimmer; Subaru Brumby is what I've been looking at recently. Bit open-ended, but haven't found anything good come up yet. Any suggestions? :)

Sounding good guys. I am usually happy to attend club meets.

There are only 3 more rounds of this years hillclimb, so it's not really a continuing date that we can set..... But by all means, come along for the last ones and check out a few Corollas ripping up the rest of the field.....

2 corollas currently coming 1st in their classes and 2nd and 7th overall from around 80 cars....

A cruise, meet and feed (and bev) are a combination that should please most people. I know of a few Corolla projects happening around town, and would be good to hear about progress on such projects..........

Yes hillclimb would be best I think for regualar meets, and then whatever else we decide to organise.

Vinnie does this mean the blue wags wont be seen again :( ?

Just buy a shitter daily that you wont spend money on / or slide. And maybe a stocko KE70 for shenanigans if you can find room.

I know, you could buy my twinky! lol