Trendact

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J Riftin: The plans for my KE70 is to be street registered and events car with fair amount of power and modifications... Pretty much like your AE86...so I thought this engine would be cheap back up or something I can use until I find 20v silver top and then maybe I can sell this one and get my money back... Yeah man I'm so naive in mechanic and I always take the hard way to learn so your help would be GREATLY appreciated

KENut: so if I'm spending this amount of money it will end up costing me more than a good condition 20v or maybe rebuilding one. So I think its better to forget about this one and keep looking for a silver top! 

Thanks for your help guys

I'm not too keen to drive the Rolla on track cause the last thing I want to do is to crash it (and that's very likely to happen on track)... I'd drive the R31 on track cause I won't be too worried if anything goes wrong lol ... I know my KE70 is not that old school style but I think if I wack a turbo it'll take lots of its "old school" identity. But I'd like to go a bit crazy in the future on something like Panel Van (maybe 1JZ or 1UZ) and definitely on my dream car the AE86...

Actually I still didn't get the 4AGE conversion stuff yet, been a bit busy on the R31 lately. I'm gonna start searching for that and if you find something reasonable please send me the link on facebook hopefully I can get them soon.

Edited by Aladdin_GT

Dead right.. I spun at wake field at 140 and just went onto the grass. The only thing you have to look out for is the traffic light stands on the infield. Or if your a muppet and try to drift the last corner and clip the pit wall.

Its the best fun out there but have decent pads and fluid or its just no fun

Day 56 of the car not running: I just can't take it anymore!! I want to finish this efi stuff so badly now! All I have to do is assemble the new fuel setup which arrives in the mail in the next 2 weeks and configure the dinosaur of a Microtech D4. Doesn't help that I leave on the 6th of January and I don't get back until the 23rd...

FML, I'll post some pics tomorrow of the supercharger setup, which is slowly getting there....

• 3 weeks later...

So I've started looking for another corolla! Kinda bored, and old 'rollas are a good laugh.

Anyone have a lead on something decent? Basically after something daily/not too modified spec.

KE70/AE71, 38/55 wagon, AE86, even other toyota's such as a ra65 notch etc.

Will probably change my mind tomorrow :P, but let me know if you see something I might want..

Well, it’s been a while but I’m back.

After I had the joy of a P-plater in the oncoming lane decide that he wanted to be in my lane and write off my KE30 last year, I have just purchased a very original white KE35. It’s so original, that it has the stickers under the bonnet for tuning, the sticker in the boot for tyre sizes and the original AM radio and cassette player.

First job is to fix the speedo and get it registered and find some missing parts.

damo

Right lads, any interest in a coast cruise?

I'm thinking of going for a drive, potentially next saturday, may as well get a few people involved! :wink:

Details: Leave canberra earlyish (from northside) regroup in bungendore/braidwood or both, then head to whereever seems good.

Just generally have a good drive, nothing formal, whatever cars etc. Get spontaneous!

Thoughts/ideas/etc welcome..