Project Ke25

Robert

This is the KE25 i bought of Sharpie (Rob) about a week ago (pic is after i gave it a cut + polish and painted some bits).

post-1276-1164886485_thumb.jpg

Its got a Bigport 3K with a 2 speed toyoglide :y:

Plans are:

Firstly manual conversion, then it will be my daily for a while while i turbo the KE70

Then later on, ill give it a respray and chuck a mild 5K in it, or maybe a 7K-E with the injection :y:

Edited by Robert

Members dont see this ad
That looks stacks better since you painted it all up at the front. :y:

You missed a huge spot though. The metal guard that sits under the grille. You didnt paint it!

yea i will paint that shortly, i have to take the front apron off to get it off because the nuts are rounded off and rusted :y: .

Too Quick, i would keep it original but the toyoglide is so fuking annoying.

I havent got a 7KE, but i might look at getting one later, and it is going to be resprayed when i can take it off the road for a while, i don't know what colour possibly a silvery gold. its not that shiny, your just looking at it on a good angle :y:

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Car is now manual, its got the KE70 K40 that was in my KE55 in it, Goes much better

than the 2 speed auto :( .

For anyone doing this conversion:

NOTE

- Auto and manual tailshafts in KE2X are the same and so are Crossmembers and Speedo cables.

- Late model gearboxes (KE70) have one bolt hole that doesnt line up with 3Ks.

- KE7x Shifter position almost lines up with the auto tunnel hole, but you still need to cut a bit, KE2X shifter position you will definitely have to cut a new hole.

- If using KE7X extension housing you need to drill 2 new holes in crossmember for gbox mount.

Did i mention, i really hate putting pedal boxes in :(

wtf KE2X wiper motors are bolted on top of pedal box :'(

Cheers, Rob

• 1 month later...