Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
Ha Ha Ha Ha can I have some of whatever your on? it must be good shit....

Thats because Matt knows what sort of boost I'm planning on running. :sob:

Injectors were beautiful thanks mate! :y: Took me a couple of minutes to work out I had 2 sets of the bigger o-rings! :P

Oh, and I picked up your sandwhich plate yesterday, so I'll chuck that in the post today. :S

I'll have a look on egay for a temporary BOV cheap.

You gotta have it man,if you try and get off the gas at big boost it will tear that comp wheel right of the shaft if you don't have something.

Ha Ha Ha Ha can I have some of whatever your on? it must be good shit....

Why is that are you suggesting that he doesn't need to use one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :sob: :bash:

OH here we go again! :y: :S

What boost are you running!? :S 25+psi

If they're not necessary, why are they put on 99% of factory turbo cars!!!

I agree they are used and abused by ricers, just for the sound, but they do have a functional purpose.

What ever is put on my car will be a plumb back, so it won't attract attention (no more than a turbo ke55 :P) and won't have a big gay sound! :y:

And all of those mentioned cars would have had a brand new turbo (and probably motor) put on after every round/race!! :y:

Even with the more advanced turbos we have today, group N rally cars still get a new (BB) turbo every round!!! You should see the pile of "second hand" STI turbos at Les Walkdens rally workshop!!!! :P

Reversion is not cool.

It may sound cool, but thats the sound of your turbo temporaraly spinning backwards and forwards within milliseconds!

And why do rotaries rev harder than pistons.....because the don't change direction! :S

I don't use one and my comp wheel hasn't fallen off yet. they are a wank, they attract attention, they are a waste of money and they sound super gay.

Just another person that is trying to re-invent the wheel Si.

Mate,trust me i own a turbocharger repair business,if you don't run some sort of BOV,even if it is plumb back eventually you will do damage to the turbo.

You know that noise when you back off from what ,that is the comp wheel trying to jump out of the comp cover.

Go and re-educate yourself.

Matt

And all of those mentioned cars would have had a brand new turbo (and probably motor) put on after every round/race!! :y:

Even with the more advanced turbos we have today, group N rally cars still get a new (BB) turbo every round!!! You should see the pile of "second hand" STI turbos at Les Walkdens rally workshop!!!! :P

Reversion is not cool.

It may sound cool, but thats the sound of your turbo temporaraly spinning backwards and forwards within milliseconds!

And why do rotaries rev harder than pistons.....because the don't change direction! :S

yeah they probly did replace them in most cases. the only reason they would be throwing the sti turbos in the bin after every round is because they would be running anti-lag which pretty much rapes the crap out of them.

as for spinning backwards i am yet to see any proof as in one on an engine dyno with high speed camera actually showing it spinning backwards. until then i'll put it down to air reversion.

i've been running 10psi with a t66 for a while now with no probs and have a few mates with 300+rwkw cars that have no bov that have had zero turbo problems.

But it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Dunno if Les's STI's are running anti-lag.

This was the conversation I had with his rally mechanic:

Me - "so you only use them for one round?"

Him - "yeah normally just one round, we pull them off when they start to get a bit noisey"

Me - "what do you mean by 'noise'?"

Him - "when you can turn off the car, and you can hear the turbo winding down"!!!!

And remeber these are BB turbo.

So basically they use them for one round (at which they're basically run in!) and them chuck them under the bench. I asked about buying one as they're the same flange as the TDO4 I had, and he wanted $750 each. Now do you think they'd sell a stuffed turbo for that much with the money Les has!!!?

.....until then i'll put it down to air reversion.

How does air revert though compressor venes that are spinning, to pump air in the opposite direction!? :y:

Lastly I'll leave you with this very cool vid. Yes it does make bullshit power and it'd be on a fair bit of boost, but I'm only using it as its one of the best vids I've seen of a BOV in action. Do you really want that sort of "small explosion" :P coming back through your expensive turbo!! :S

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LpFRBc0ZdoE

Edited by Taz_Rx

yeah they probly did replace them in most cases. the only reason they would be throwing the sti turbos in the bin after every round is because they would be running anti-lag which pretty much rapes the crap out of them.

as for spinning backwards i am yet to see any proof as in one on an engine dyno with high speed camera actually showing it spinning backwards. until then i'll put it down to air reversion.

i've been running 10psi with a t66 for a while now with no probs and have a few mates with 300+rwkw cars that have no bov that have had zero turbo problems.

But it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day.

10Psi thats not turbocharged. :y: :S :P :sob: