Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

As my tuner reiterated last week he has never heard my engine ping, and that's with >15 psi and a heap of timing. If we got to the point with 8.5:1 that out was starting to ping a bit that's when I would look into the water/meth more. I do plan on running around 25 psi when I get a turbo reliably capable of it.

Members dont see this ad

Your tuner will be able to tune to prevent any detonation usually up to about 24-25psi on most alloy head engines with pump 98 fuel. Fuel becomes the restriction after that which is where your water meth, or tolulene, or e85 comes in. The new gtx28/63 is supposed to be an awesome turbo, probably the best of the whole gtx range, so if you do end up spending up or chasing larger powers check that out.

Your tuner will be able to tune to prevent any detonation usually up to about 24-25psi on most alloy head engines with pump 98 fuel. Fuel becomes the restriction after that which is where your water meth, or tolulene, or e85 comes in. The new gtx28/63 is supposed to be an awesome turbo, probably the best of the whole gtx range, so if you do end up spending up or chasing larger powers check that out.

Had a look at the new gtx turbos this morning, tbh I don't think the compressor housing would fit down next to the chassis rail! The t28 one it pretty damn close as it is. Noticed they now make a disco potato with a stock sized t28 front cover though, for straight swappage on an s15...that would fit!

Mine had 7.00 i reckon..lol ..horrible

I dynoed my stagea with water meth on thurs...17psi of boost , timing went from 20 degrees at full load and slightly pinging on 98..to 30 degrees...lol

the whole map copped 10 degrees more timing actually and 40rwkw+..and no heatsoak...

if you wanted a turbo..id talk to stao at hypergear, he might make something up..i woudn't bother with gtx stuff, lol a k motor would never swallow that

much air to use those wheels and I'm pretty sure all the t28 gtx stuff is not real great anyway even on bigger motors,not enough turbine

Sure the tuner can run 23-24psi on 98..lol, pulling out all the timing...and then pull out another 2 degrees on top of that to account for heatsoak of a non crossflow head..

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

Stao at hyperear can make up a billet wheeled 64mm comp wheel turbo, he calls it the ss1, in a .48 T25 housing, and you can swap out to a .64

aswell. think its hks 2530 in flow with billet comp wheel

a cam in the 240's @.50 for the street, or if you want to set records [email protected] and some extra fuel octane and it would be a beast..lol

cheers'darren

Edited by untubbed_20

• 1 month later...

That's pretty much a lazy 2 hours with a couple of smoke breaks....interruptions from missus and kid, you know the deal lol.

I got've all the manifolds, turbo and dump pipe already bolted up to the head, its so much easier to do it that way than in the car when you've got the head off. The stud next to number 3 ex port is an absolute bitch. So my list really just consist of:

Drop head etc on and torque down

Get under it and do the oil return, 1 water line and the exhaust

Couple of fuel lines

Wiring loom on

Cooler and intake pipes

Radiator in and fill

Buy new plugs and put them in

knock 5 degrees out of the whole map until I get it tuned

Start!

....so really less than an hour solid. LOL

• 4 weeks later...