Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

So I didn't get around to putting the specs list up last night....

Front:

Shockwoorks 86 base height adjustable coilover, 6kg springs, inverted 45mm 15 way adjustable dampers.

T3 86 steering arms

T3 roll centre adjusters

T3 camber plates

T3 strut brace

All new bushes and ball joints

Ae86 brakes with slotted and dimpled rotors

Also did the rear a couple of months ago but didn't update, is now:

Reversed eye main leaves

Shockworks base height adjustable 15 way dampers

All new bushes

New clutch is immediate priority. Has been bad since I went on a cruise in December, but is terrible now. Won't even hold like 5psi. Should hopefully be picking one up tomorrow and have it fitted by the weekend. Just got an exedy hd this time not a button. See how it goes.

Next on the list is to sort brackets for my ls1 coils. Got another 4k block last week that i can use for mock up on the engine stand. Once that's made I can fit the cas and coil, bigger injectors and the wind the boost up some more. :)

Hey Si, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but would you be able to PM me some details on the original air box you fabbed from the Hilux stuff? I assume by the photos it's from an LN46 but just after a few details on what you had to do to it, I wanna do the same thing with mine :) Mainly interested in how you got the throttle linkage sealed etc and any hints/tips you had? Also noticed you seemed to be using the bog stock dizzy unless I'm mistaken, I was planning on going electric for mine but just wondering if you had any hints/tips again on making that work if in fact it is the standard ignition setup?

Thanks

Trav

Edited by Gears_Of_Poor

Yeah mate stock points dizzy, but it did have the mechanical advance locked up. Ran about 25 degrees btdc.

Not sure what model hilux neds helmet was off. The bit you would remove to change the filter was the base, which needed holes drill in it for the carby bolts and throats. It also had a slight dome in the end of it so I had to flatten it out as best I could. The checker plate on the top is to cover the hole from where the filter box outlet was cut off.

The fuel line was easy, it was the hollow threaded rod part of bonnet/boot pin switch for a car alarm. I cut the guts out of it and screwed it in to the base. Fuel then flowed though it with a hole clamped on either side. The throttle however wasn't perfect. The sheath just went through a hole in the side and got clamped on with the 2 nuts that normally attach it to the stock bracket. It would have leaked a little bit of boost but nothing noticeable. I did also have to make a custom small throttle linkage for the Weber as there wasn't room for the original one to turn.

The hard part to sort with the whole setup was holding the whole box shut! The original clamps lasted only a second of the first boosting before they bent and let go. The solution in the end was 6 or 8 lengths on threaded rod that held the whole thing down tight. The wing nuts you can see on the top of the box is where these were tightened.

Hope that helps, if there's anything that's not quite clear let me know and I'll try and explain better.

Edited by Taz_Rx

• 2 weeks later...

Got the clutch swapped out on Thursday/Friday. here's the state I found my flywheel in....

post-1315-0-19899100-1458454517_thumb.jpg

Pressure plate wasn't any better and the plate was well down into the buttons....

post-1315-0-06632900-1458454618_thumb.jpg

post-1315-0-84770000-1458454671_thumb.jpg

All nice and shiny and ready to go back together. Finally got around to weighing it while it was out..... a rather anorexic 4.8kg!!

post-1315-0-49278200-1458454849_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to Andrew (pozza123) for the hand in getting it back together. Would have been a much longer night otherwise. :y:

So good to be able to boost again. just need to get used to the new bite point and pedal feel now.

Hopefully have some more updates coming soon with the ls1 coil mods.

• 5 weeks later...

Hit another damn roo on my way to work last night grrr. Not as bad as last time but still smashed the grill, kinked the passenger side guard and ʞ©$ɟed my full chrome bumper. Got most of the parts I need to fix it, just need to find another bumper. If anyone has a good full chrome yell out!

• 3 weeks later...

Fark dude that sucks!!!!! I remember in '05 when visiting Tas, asking my mates old man, how hard it was to get his blown a15 morrie engineered. He just gave me a blank stare and replied with "we don't have that bs in Tas." Times must have changed.

Fark dude that sucks!!!!! I remember in '05 when visiting Tas, asking my mates old man, how hard it was to get his blown a15 morrie engineered. He just gave me a blank stare and replied with "we don't have that bs in Tas." Times must have changed.

We've always had it, just never really enforced that much. I got away with a few years ago on a Toyotas cruise to campbelltown. Pictures of cops with my car a few pages back.

Spent a few hours today at work reading through ncop stuff. All of the engine stuff its pretty straight forward. I think my biggest problems are going to be the fuel cell (been considering going back to a stock tank anyway) and wheel/tyre width and track increase.

Couldn't find anything about adjustable coilovers pozza. Not saying it's not going to be an issue though.