Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Saw your car near 9/11 and old wool store parked near the footpath. I was down the road at the twilight market.

Far out, were you randomly pulled over or you were picked out by transport? Looking at the report they went into detail, the full walk around, up and under. Looks like they know what mechanical mods to look for.

Members dont see this ad

I didnt realise tas was under ncop, interesting. Yep prob need to change the wheels for track correction, some engineers want the car to be full rwc before engineering, some don't so it may not come up. Under ncop the suspension is fine, qld rejected that section of ncop :( fuel filler has to be outside the car. Engineering is usually a pretty easy process.

Like I said I've been contemplating going back to a stock fuel tank, so that will fix the internal filler issue. Been looking at aftermarket level senders and gauges too as I no longer have the original gauge.

Will get a carter lift pump, use the brand new 044 I have and get a new surge tank and mount it all under the car.

Sort wish i had of just bought the 15x8 0 alecias when I git them, with 205 rubber all round they would have complied with both track and width rules.

For the full road worthy i have to do after mod plating I'll also have to rectify the issue i was pulled over for.... being the fact my Speedo said 90 and apparently I was doing 110. He didn't right new a speeding ticket, must of figured he had me on enough lol. Probably just get some sort of gps Speedo.

I wouldn't say the cop was all that cluey. I had to explain a lot to him. He seemed adamant my reversed eyes were illegal.

He saw the ecu hand controller, that got the bonnet opened, saw camber tops - that prompted suspension then braking questions. Then wheels. ..blah blah blah

So just stuck my head under the back. There really is bugger all room for an under car system on the drivers side. Ideally needs to be a custom shaped surge tank to try and get decent capacity.

It can be in the boot if it's in a sealed box can't it?

That one depends entirely on your engineers opinion, some of them allow it in the boot no box at all. Some wont allow it in the car. My brothers engineer made him seal the boot off from the cabin.

Have you seen those filler fitting you can bolt to the top of your fuel cell? A hose off one of them might work if you don't love the factory tank.

If I didn't have the tank that I pulled out of the wreck last year I might consider other options to try and keep the cell, but that just makes it the cheap and easy solution. I'll go and see the engineer on Tuesday and see what his opinion is. I wouldn't have a problem sealing the boot from the cabin.

After having a good discussion with pozza today and re reading some if the ncop I really need to find out what the widest possibly suggested tyres were. I'm really hoping maybe the xx with factory alloys had something wider than 155's. Otherwise the widest tyre you can legally run on a 55 is a 195 on a 7.5'' (with 60 or smaller profile) wheel.

That sucks dude! Biker cop?

Reshell time ;) Much less work haha

Yep. Pozza only just told me yesterday about the notorious Kingston biker cop.

Nah reshell would be a ʞ©$ɟ load more work than making it all legal.

Finished work slightly early today and got the chance to go and have a chat with Steve. Really nice guy and very helpful. Great news on most thing. Engine etc easy. ..as I thought it would be. Seats easy, suspension is fine, brakes fine, reckons I could possibly get away with the fuel cell but I will go back to the stock tank. Rest of the fuel setup can be in the boot. The one big hiccup is wheels! More specifically offset. I can get away with 205/50's on a 15. 55's are listed as having a +35 offset, so the furthest you can go is really +25 (cause there's no such thing as a +22.5). That makes me start to worry again that i might have some fouling issues with the coilover rings with a 205. Yes I could apply and pass it with some 185 or maybe 195, but whatever I use will be what it's listed on the mod plate. I figure if the plate says 205/50/15 I'm far less likely to have any future issues if I got pulled over with the alecia's back on.