Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

Current wheels are completely within the flares, the issue it's track. You're only allowed a 25mm track increase. This can be in suspension, wheels or a combination of both and does get enforced and measured pretty hard. With the Alicia's I have 90mm increase. Fyi 30/55's are +35.

One option I thought of yesterday was to go with a +20 (which would hopefully clear the coilovers) but take me 5mm over. I could then get some t3 adjustable lca's (albeit expensive) as they can be shortened .25'' (or 6.3mm) a side over stock to bring me smack bang on the 25mm allowable.

• 1 month later...

Ok so little bit of an update. Have my approval in principal back, only thing I got pulled up on was tyre size. Due to "sectional width" I'm only aloud to run a 205/45/R15 (which doesn't exist) or a 195/50/R15. In which case I'll throw some semi clicks back on so will either be some Achilies 123 or maybe some Federal 595 RSR. If anybody has feedback on either I'd like to hear it.

Just finished off my new fuel system. Now consists of a original tank with aftermarket level sender, Carter 4070 lift pump with an aeroflow reusable filter, aeroflow surge tank, Bosch 044, and all line/fittings in aeroflow -6. Things didn't quite fit how I originally planned so there were a few changes in configuration. While I had the boot all stripped out I gave it a coat of primer and some textured under body sealer for durability. When I fix some little rust holes in the lower rare quarters I'll paint the rest out too. Also made up a new panel for behind the tank, scored the material free from work. Its maybe a little to shiny but the price was right. For ease of mounting I also made up an alloy plate which the surge tank and 044 mount to. That tidied things up nicely too.

Stripped....

post-1315-0-80296400-1467413922_thumb.jpg

Primed.....

post-1315-0-67903400-1467413968_thumb.jpg

Underbody on....

post-1315-0-90963100-1467414165_thumb.jpg

System all finished....

post-1315-0-28174800-1467414273_thumb.jpg

post-1315-0-64187600-1467414351_thumb.jpg

Just waiting on some wheels to arrive now and then I can get my inspections done.

• 3 months later...

Would have hoped to had it sorted by now.

Mod plate inspection was done back at the end of July before I went off on tour, just waiting for it to all be approved and plate issued. Problem is all the rules changed at the start of September so transport was inundated with 80 odd applications of people getting in before the rules changed. My application is still sitting amongst that backlog. I haven't spoke to Steve about it for about a month now so I'll follow up again soon.

• 2 weeks later...