Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

because I got it damn cheap and I can set up the fuel system much better with it rather than the standard tank. had issues with inlets/outlets of the tank not being big enough for my needs- the return line in k's are friggin tiny and not worth using, so I used my main fuel line as a return, and ran a new send to the reg. will be putting a surge tank in too when I find 1 cheap enough.

not gunna go into reg on a public form! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

finally finished all of the fuel system the other night, now also includes a surge tank. all the wiring is done for it too.

engine bay end looks sooooooo much neater than what it did, think i did a pretty good job, even if I do say so myself! :jamie:

even managed to siphen 9 litres out of the old car :lol: so its all bean checked for leaks too. never under-estimate the ability of GREASE to seal things that you would normally use gasket goop on!! :y:

post pics up soon, probably tonight, just gotta charge the camera. :wink:

Ok, now last nights work.

started by removing T-series cross member......

100_0503.jpg

Comparo pic, T-series in front, with a normal K-series behind.

100_0506.jpg

^^^^That T-series cross member is now for sale if anybody wants it?????

Painted standard cross member bolted in.

100_0507.jpg

Oh, also painted front sway bar and the brackets it mounts to.

Ok, so I finished this much at about 12 last night, and for some reason talked myself into changing front struts. Been waiting for new shockies for a while now, thought I might aswell chuck these in for now and swap the new ones in when I get them.

So the end result at about 115am is.........obviously these pics were takien this morning.

100_0508.jpg

100_0509.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys, thought it was about time for an update.

Been working on the engine a little bit lately. Have roughly polished the tappet cover, thermostat housing, and timing cover. Engine has had a general clean. Engine mounts, gearbox brackets, water pump, lower half of the thermostat housing and alt bracket have been painted. Made a cover up for the old fuel pump hole. Sump is off and being swapped for another one so I can do a good job of my oil return this time, also putting an oil temp sensor in it.

heres some piccies:

100_0523.jpg

100_0524.jpg

100_0525.jpg

Gaggle of oil fittings!! I got me an oil filter sandwich plate that screws on below the filter to run an oil cooler. even has a thermostat in it!

100_0526.jpg

Took these this morning. As you can see a couple of weeks ago I wrapped all of the exhaust piping, also did the dump pipe/exhaust back to the flange under the passenger seat.

100_0528.jpg

almost done and looking good.

100_0529.jpg

ok guys, thought it was about time for an update.

Been working on the engine a little bit lately. Have roughly polished the tappet cover, thermostat housing, and timing cover. Engine has had a general clean. Engine mounts, gearbox brackets, water pump, lower half of the thermostat housing and alt bracket have been painted. Made a cover up for the old fuel pump hole. Sump is off and being swapped for another one so I can do a good job of my oil return this time, also putting an oil temp sensor in it.

heres some piccies:

100_0523.jpg

100_0524.jpg

100_0525.jpg

Gaggle of oil fittings!! I got me an oil filter sandwich plate that screws on below the filter to run an oil cooler. even has a thermostat in it!

100_0526.jpg

Took these this morning. As you can see a couple of weeks ago I wrapped all of the exhaust piping, also did the dump pipe/exhaust back to the flange under the passenger seat.

100_0528.jpg

almost done and looking good.

100_0529.jpg

Ok thats looking good Si, i need to setup my fuel sytem with a purge tank someday and mount the fuel pump :P .

Looks great mate keep up the good work. 125Kw's here we come ey.

I'm stuggling to keep up to you now Matt!!! :P Gotta make mine look a bit prettier! :hmm:

You have inspired me a bit more with your recent numbers, planning a rebuilt with some forgies or some of the 1G pistons and rod I have laying around in the next 6 months or so, will PM soon about that 4k head if you still have it??? also looking at injecting it soon, which the fuel system is almost set up for. all I need to do is go for an EFI reg and take the ballast resistor of the power for the VL pump and it done! :yes:

Did all the wiring on the engine last night and changed the spiggot bearing (that wasd fun! :bash: ) so the plan for today is knock off in an hour or so, and go home and drop the engine in, so all going to plan, the new car should be running tonight!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well boys and girls,.......its finally going again, and going bloody well.

still sorting a couple of little issues today, but apart from that its all good and I'm very happy.

as you will notice I have also put the hotwires on her, as they actually have tread!!

Next on the list to do over the next few weeks is:

Get new bolts and flare tubing for the flares. paint them and fit them properly.

Get new steel radiator hoses made. current ones look shite.

Good cut and polish

Get some new covers for the rear number plate lights. If anybody has some rust free ones let me know.

Put some Advan A032R tyres on the westerns.

anyway heres some pics I took this morning.

100_0689.jpg

100_0690.jpg

100_0692.jpg

Hotties

100_0693.jpg

And this was something I did weeks ago, but can only now see the result:

before......................

100_0102.jpg

and after...................

100_0691.jpg

Might get a vid up soon aswell! :P