Draw Through Turbo Carby Settings

boosted_ke30

there are vacuum tank things that you can get for turbo cars to mack sure that there is vacuum in the booster more often.

works buy useing one way valves and the like, still uses manifold vac, but holds the vac for when jump on the brakes.

Members dont see this ad
there are vacuum tank things that you can get for turbo cars to mack sure that there is vacuum in the booster more often.

works buy useing one way valves and the like, still uses manifold vac, but holds the vac for when jump on the brakes.

A servicable brake booster should hold enough vaccuum for up to 5 stops.

You CANNOT run boost THROUGH an SU. It just wont work.

Well, it can work. You just have to get the throttle shaft seals installed so it doesnt leak when under pressure.

Do some research on the MG Metro Turbo and you will find it is a blow-through SU turbo set-up :)

Edited by Raven

Well, it can work. You just have to get the throttle shaft seals installed so it doesnt leak when under pressure.

Do some research on the MG Metro Turbo and you will find it is a blow-through SU turbo set-up :jamie:

Hrmm interesting. I think you'd still have a very very hard time getting it to run right.

with how the tune is on my carby which is really bad the turbo is not very laggy at all . i have a automatic diff in the car and only get about 30kmh out of first gear so the revs rise really quickly and spools the turbo fast and it holds full boost into each gear :jamie: . i chose this turbo even though it was quite large (around a t3 size) mainly because it is sealed correctly, has only done 40,000kms and i got it for 160 bucks so thought couldnt go wrong and id give it a go ;) :y: . it becomes quite expensive when it comes to getting a turbo rebuilt and with the correct seals in it.