mikeys toy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have said that.....I think it does need to be changed again. as far as I'm concerned, foxtails 4AGZE is a cross breed!!

How about this: for it not to be a cross breed, it has to have the same engine designation to body type, ie ke10-ke70 with 3k,4k,5k's....ae71-ae92 etc with 4ac, 4afe, 4age, 4agze. but then saying a 4ac has the same bottom end as a 4agze is also not correct??????

yeah but how can you compare a K to GZE fairly!?

How can you compare your Turbo K motor to the N/A K motors?? If we wanted to compare apples with apples we'd have like 20 different lists. Its not gonna happen.

KE70s came with 4As, so what if he bolted a twincam 16v head to it? No ones stopping you bolting on some NAWZ or some other power adder. As for the supercharger...well you're running a turbo aren't you?

so what category would my 4age powered ke20 be in? i wouldn't mind doing an official run and being on the top of the list for a day or so... :P

i understand the whole "can't appear to be supporting illegal street activities" in regards to g-tech timing, but i wonder how many of the cars on this forum are engineered anyway, including the gay rules like engineering steering wheels etc. even putting on a pod filter is illegal! wtf.

Edited by JC807

I think you think I'm winging or something because I'm not on the top of the list anymore!! :)

All I trying to do is make suggestions to make the categries a bit fairer!! to be honest, couldn't care if I was on the bottom of the list! I mean like really, forget about the badge on the top of the engine for a minute, and think, how can a ke35 with a CA18DET be classed as a "cross breed" but say a ke10 with a 4AGTE (theres one in tassie) is not!! :cool:

I think what I suggest about the k-series, t-series, a-series etc was a good idea. and its not going to put me any further up the list either!! Nor is it going to add any more categries to that list. I Just think the whole concept of a "cross breed" and the clasification of the lists needs a little more thought. :P

as far as comparing forced induction cars to NA cars, its not whats strapped to the side of it, but more so what inside it, and the way that it is built to make power!! just because something is turbo'd doesn't mean its going to be any faster than a NA version of that engine!! :D A really good example of this is the fact that brendo's NA 3k ke10 is nearly 2 second (which equates to nearly 100m on a drag strip!!) quicker than my turbo'd 4k! :hmm:

When I come to think about it, I am comparing apples with apples, but I'm comparing the 100's of different types of apples available, not just one granny smith against another granny smith!

So basically what I'm suggesting is we have 3 class, as we do now:

1, Apples

2, "genetically modified" apples

3, rest of the fruit salad!

??????

Hmm, well... I'm still the fastest NA car atm :P

I'm not sure which way to go in this debate, turbo v's NA is a little unfair but when comparing all the engine types it evens out a bit?

I do agree that a crossbreed should be something with an engine of another make (eg:Nissan, Mazda etc etc) but there are a few good points above!

Well, anyhow... I have a couple of seconds to loose now :D don't think that will happen anytime soon!

Just a side note, I'm running a 20valve bottom end with a bluetop head and efi setup... would that make me a xbreed? lol

how about 4 total categories?

1. Corolla, stock engine or modified (including turbo, nos etc. but must be same size i.e if it came with a 3k it can't be in this list with a 5k)

2. Corolla, engine conversions

3. All other cars, stock engine modified

4. All other cars, engine conversions

just a thought.

I spoke to Des about this before, The KE70 with a A series motor (and other parts) is an AE71 so its fair to say that all his has is a supercharger and a 16valve head bolted to a 4A block, If they brought out a KE10 and a AE10 there wouldnt be a problem puttin a 4AGE in 1 and being in the same category and as for Des's seca having the 4AFC i don't see how that makes any difference to any other 4A-C or 4AGE seca as the FC series stands between the 2 and only has 67kW standard.

IMO, Delete every post in this topic and make it a PM only.

so we would have catergories as follows:

N/A K motor

Forced K motor

N/A 4a

forced 4a

N/A T

forced T

thats another 6 catergories ?

No..... ;) all of the above would be in one category.......thats what I was saying before - Not changing the categries them selves or the number of, just address the classifications of the categories.

1 breed Nissan another breed Toyota when they come together = Xbreed

Toyota in a Toyota = Toyota

So a keXX with a 2JZ or even 1UZ, is not a cross breed??? :hmm:

forget the term "cross breed" for a minute. and try and think of that category as "Engine coversions" weather they be toyota, nissan, or whatever other make.

What if you designated that category as "Any corolla with an engine conversion that requires the modification of engine mounts and/or cross members"???