Ke70/ae71/te72/ae86 Similarities & Differences

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pic. I did end up getting to check one out first hand today, and I'm not so sure a coilover would fit. Look at the space between the side of the shock and one of the panels joins. There's only about 20mm to spare (maximum), so there would have to be some rather serious work to make the spring fit up there.

I like the idea of height adjustability so I can circuit race and motorkhana the vehicle. That being said, I'm sure the car would do fine with a non-height adjustable setup on the rear, and even on the front, provided the setup was well configured for track use.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, I now have a 1983 AE71 in my posession, though it is missing the front left strut as well as the tie rod end from that side. These are easily replaced, as I'll just get a pair of coilovers for the front, and the tie rod end is available in a pack on eBay for $107 (includes two tie rod ends and two ball joints I think). However, my research has opened a new kettle of fish. So, if any of you know, can you please tell me if the following AE86 parts can be used on the front of an AE71:

Castor rods

Castor rod brace (fits between the front ends of the caster rods, intended to add extra bracing - is the distance the same on the AE86 and the AE71?)

That is all for the moment. :y:

http://www.gtsuspension.com.au/css/noltec_showparts.php

I don't know if the link above will work properly, but it's meant to show this company's listing of Noltec bushes. Either way you'll get to the site, so you can search for the bushes under Noltec. And so you know, the following bushes are shared between the KE70 and the AE86:

Front - Control arm - inner

Front - Radius rod

Front - Sway bar - link

Rear - Panhard rod

Rear - Swaybar - lower link

Rear - Swaybar - upper link

• 2 months later...