My Upgrade

Mickoolz

Hey guys i've wanted to share this with you guys for a while now just been flat out busy!

Some of you may know i bought thrillers panel van back around new year. After procrastinating for a while a mate convinced me to sell him the shell as he's been looking for a pano for yrs to make a rolla ute! I'll keep ya posted on that one! So basically i kept all the good stuff, motor, box, brakes, wiring & ecu and done a complete swap into my coupe! So i thought i'd share it with you guys!

Firstly a few photo's

Gotta love WD40

DSC03323.jpg

Old brakes

DSC03333.jpg

New brakes

DSC03343.jpg

No Engine :hmm:

Image059.jpg

New Engine! :P

Image072.jpg

Got more photo's to post, just got to upload em!

She is 90% complete, motor's running

I pulled out the complete wiring harness from both rolla's and swaped them over along with everything else and it fired first go!

I was pretty stoaked, thought i'd definately run into trouble there as electricals isn't my thing!

I'll keep you guys posted on my ride now i'm not so busy! Got heaps more to share with ya'll

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love this car! I'm guessing its the same XB tango orange that miller used and I'm thinking about using on my car? i wish i had a 4age box loom ecu etc that i could just 'swap' across into my coupe lol! what struts are those? xt130? ra40? once again nice car man if you use MSN can you pm it to me or add me or something because I'd like to talk to you about your car more!

i love this car! I'm guessing its the same XB tango orange that miller used and I'm thinking about using on my car? i wish i had a 4age box loom ecu etc that i could just 'swap' across into my coupe lol! what struts are those? xt130? ra40? once again nice car man if you use MSN can you pm it to me or add me or something because I'd like to talk to you about your car more!

Thanks man, i appreciate your interest. Nah it's the Ford GT Blood Orange, it looks a bit different in those pics it's actually a real deep redy orange! Not quite finished painting tho, got to put a top coat of clear on! I'm stoaked, it's coming together really well!

They're RA40 Struts with K-MAC adjustable camber, they also allow for more clearance so i can fit my 17's on without them hitting the struts! :D I just added you to MSN.

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it! Oh n Josh, yeah you're the man! Thanks for the help with everything! You shiny pants H@M@ haha. Mine will kick you're hill climber any day!

More about my ride. I've stripped the inside of everything except the dash so i can weld up the hole in my transmission tunnel

Here are some more photo's of the progression!

DSC03462.jpg

Hole in the trans tunnel to weld up

DSC03466.jpg

Surge tank, fuel pumps. Not completely finished yet. Still gotta secure hose's

DSC03463.jpg

The Donk! 99% Complete, needs a detail tho!

Now just a few pics to show her off! :yes:

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03467.jpg

DSC03369.jpg

DSC03371.jpg

I've ordered new carpet and in the next week I plan on getting some Autotechnica bucket seats, which fortunately enough, just bolt straight onto the original rails! :D

I've got myself an immaculate dash on the way too, thanks to Josh (Bigger is better).

Then all that is left is the finishing touches, a bit of detail in the engine bay and the boot and i'll be as happy as a pig in mud! :)

Edited by Mickoolz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Guys bit of an update on my ride!

She's been sitting around in the weather for a while now, due to lack of funds I haven't been able to finish her off, and she started developing a bit rust so I did as much as I could to get her ready to be finished off while I got some funds together.

I decided I had to finish getting her painted so I sent her to a mate's as I didn't have the room or the resources.

Here's some photo's of the progress

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

He painted her the same color just 2pac instead of the old acrylic.

I need to move the surge tank and finish off the plumbing then all thats left is to put her back together and get an engineers report then she's ready for a blue slip and hopefully get her back on the road!

Thanks mate, Nah the Chev's not mine its my mates who painted my car for me.

Check out the for sale forums theirs a couple of KE35's for sale you could do it up yourself to granny spec! They're good to modify, if you do a search you'll find other threads where members have done conversions, mods etc You'll find some handy tips and great information that'll give you a better idea

Cheers, Mick

Nice job

any pics of the chev in the background?

and also how much can you pick up a decent KE35 coupe like yours for... in stock granny spec condition...

are they a good car to modify?

Cheers

Tally

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jip_01, I'm pretty happy with the progress so far

and now a little bit of an update.

so my old boy welded some nuts in place for my rubber boot to bolt on over the gear shifter so now I can start fitting my new carpet! :)

We also made me up a bracket so i could relocate my surge tank to the other side so i could fit my hi flow filter in and also gives me more room to get a spare in and out! Its so close but I just always get stuck having to do other stuff on weekends lately and haven't had much time to spend on her ;) Anywayz slow and steady wins the race I always say!

So I'll leave yaz with some more pics

DSC04111.jpg

More room for my filter!

DSC04112.jpg

Still yet to stone tray and bumpers on!

DSC04113.jpg

DSC04114.jpg

DSC04115.jpg

Still gotta fit all my new rubbers too! Not long now, I'm hoping a month and she'll be all done, wish me luck guys.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of an update on how things are going. I started fitting my new carpet and bolted in the gearshifter rubber boot and also fitted my new Autotechnica bucket seats which conveniently bolt straight up to the original seat rails! :cool: I've also removed my old dash ready for an the new one. In the process of pulling out the dash i thought I'd remove the heater unit and check the heater tap to see if it leaks and sure enough it was leaking. So I bought a universal tap from autopro and some heater hose and cut off the old tap and used the left over pipe and this is what i came up with...

Old tap

DSC04125.jpg

New tap

DSC04129.jpg

The only other thing i had to do was extend the plastic encased wire that opens and shuts the valve. Other then that it works sweet! :lol:

Next a few pics of my new seats and carpet...

DSC04146.jpg

DSC04139.jpg

Finally a few pics to show her off 95% complete

DSC04131.jpg

DSC04132.jpg

DSC04137.jpg

DSC04134.jpg