My Upgrade

Mickoolz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuel was mixing with the oil how?

I'm not quite sure exactly, i was in a bit of a rush cause i had to get back to work so this is what he told me. He said he cleaned the plugs changed the return line to 5/16" and drained the oil and changed the filter because there was fuel in the oil due to the return line being too small and building up too much pressure. I don't know maybe it worked its way past the valves, Is this possible? I just know the emissions is below 2% and it doesn't smell anywhere near as rich as before. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this subject, how would fuel get into the oil.

Edited by Mickoolz

• 3 weeks later...
Autotechnica bucket seats, which fortunately enough, just bolt straight onto the original rails

They are reclinable, therefore access to the back seats. Also they are often seen at places like Repco or Super Cheap Auto

Also me likey the RA40 struts . . . should be getting myself a pair soon. I am guessing you kept the rear KE55 brakes?

Edited by fusion

hi mate, you got a part number for the seats?

and did they just bolt in no mods to the rails?

and can you still fold right forward to get in the back?

thanks Craig

Hey mate lucky for you i didn't throw out the info for em. The part no. is SP6GBR for the right seat and SP6GBL for the left seat. They are autotechnica monza seats and like fusion said I got em from Repco $400 for a pair! They bolted straight to the original rails, their was a couple of small things i had to do. Firstly I had to elongate the hole at the front of the rails that bolts to the floor. Also I had to unbolt the buckle and the frame that holds it there coz it wouldn't fit on the monza seats. There was a rubber plug in the right position on both sides of the car which i removed and was the right thread for the buckles to bolt to. It made the buckles really short and a bit hard to reach but I had to get new seatbelts for blue slip so I just got longer buckles and it worked out fine. Yes they do recline all the way forward but you loose the feature of the passenger seat sliding forward when reclined.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Mick.

They are reclinable, therefore access to the back seats. Also they are often seen at places like Repco or Super Cheap Auto

Also me likey the RA40 struts . . . should be getting myself a pair soon. I am guessing you kept the rear KE55 brakes?

Yeah they're good coz they also give you more clearence around the strut so you can fit different offset wheels on and no scrub!

The rear brakes are just stock yeah. Plans for the future -> Diff upgrade. I'm thinkin of shortening a commo diff or maybe a hilux diff I'm not sure, gonna do some research first, it all depends if I decide to go turbo down the track! :D

So I finally got her passed for rego on saturday! I was stoaked the only thing they knocked me back for was the front seat belts! So anywayz here she is across the road check it out you can see the rego sticker in the corner of the front window! Woohoo....

rollablank.jpg

don't hate them, they don't look so bad, but chromies/chrome in general is just not my thing!

ahh i was gonna say! i know down here you can only go +2" over standard size or else its defect-able (without an engineers) but having that fixes everything!

edit: i might not "love" the wheels, but i definitely love this car!

Edited by HEKTIC

Hey mate, nice coupe....Just out of curiousity....what are the wheels you had on it while it was being painted? Do you still have them...and would you like to sell them?

And as far as everyone whinging about his 17 inch wheels...and having to keep his car high to clear the guards...I had 17's on my coupe and it is on bump stops....and I've never had problems with scrubbing. I'm not a fan of chrome wheels either, but as a package this car is very nice. You should be proud of it!!

• 1 year later...

Last Sunday I took my corolla for a drive and got as far as Kiama (about 20 mins drive from home) and by the time I got there my diff was F$%ked. So the time has come to seriously consider a diff upgrade! I just don't know which way to go?

I've been contemplating getting a shortened commodore diff installed. I've been talking to the guys at pro-fab and they tell me if I supply the diff it'll be around $2k - $2.5K. A mate of mine has a vl diff he said I can have for $200. I reckon it's a bit of an overkill for the time being but I'm considering a 4AGTE or 4AGZE in the future so I want something that's gonna hold up!

Another option would be a hilux diff, I'm lead to believe I will still need to get the mounts re-welded, but I don't know how strong these are and if I'll need to get them shortened etc. :sob:

Can anyone help with my decision making? :sob: