Ke30- Rotor Or V6????

NICKYG

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both options would be awesome, but seriously go the rotary, rotaries as long as they are setup right are reliable as, we have a 13bpp race car and in the 12 years since the engine was built the engine has never broke once, not ever. both engines would be awesome but my opinion is the rotor, theres just more fun shifting gears at 9000rpm+ ;) but in the end do what YOU want :P

I say go the chicken cooker, Umm I mean the rotor.

Just to be different I would look for a 10A or 12A, you'd have a better chance of getting it legal with a 10A.

:yes: Do you have any idea how much a 10a would cost him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they may be the smallest engine, but they're also the oldest, slowest AND MOST FUGGIN EXPENSIVE!! plus there's other draw back to them like 5-6mm apex seals (new motors have 2-3mm apex seals) and twin dizzies :D

most cost effective option is a gen 1 (series 1,2,3) rx7 12a.

Oh and Fayt, who built your engines? Bushy?

• 2 weeks later...
Go the 20v 4age and do a full gas conversion, run nitrous. Have no petrol tank, only gas. You are god, I am drunk so forgive me. Thanks (twoud be good).

OMG LOL thats funnier than my mate drunk go karting last night.

13bt ftw. a vn motor would leave ur car so front heavy and weird I'm thinking.

Maybe an alloy v6 from a toyota?. It might get expensive. Aurions make 200 kw standard in a 3 litre v6, fwd so conversion nightmares. Methinks in about 10 years I'm gonna try and get 1. 200kw should be enough with a rolla, and way more high tech, cool and reliable than a bolt on sc kit. Sorry to be off topic.

Maybe an alloy v6 from a toyota?. It might get expensive. Aurions make 200 kw standard in a 3 litre v6, fwd so conversion nightmares. Methinks in about 10 years I'm gonna try and get 1. 200kw should be enough with a rolla, and way more high tech, cool and reliable than a bolt on sc kit. Sorry to be off topic.

how random, why not just get a 1j ? way less effort.

Oh and Fayt, who built your engines? Bushy?

nah dad built the engine it has now, been in there for ages, and hasnt played up once, the 13bpp that origionally came with the car was built by someone else, and thats in a box in the garage needing a rebuild cos it broke haha :D

anyways put the rotar in the rolla, every man and his dog owns a V6 :fuzz:

yes a 1j is easy because it has been done, its all about originality though isnt it? Wouldnt you love 200kw stock atmo? In a legal capacity of motor?

yerr i saw where your coming from. all the stress and confusion of doing sumthing so different would get to me but, so originality doesnt really equate for me.

Mate if i had to choose between the two, id be going v6, like everyone sais, its the best bang for your buck, and it WILL handle, its not like your putting a 2tone v8 in it.

But personaly id be going a turbo 4. i hear nothing but bad stories about rotors when it comes to reliability when you thrash them, ive put many a turbo 20v in those ol rollas

I rekon you should put the 13B in it. as people have said its all about originality these days. Rotories are reliable as long as you look after them and do the required maintanence, and NickyG sounds like he will look after it so i rekon you should go the rotor.

i have been contemplating putting a 13B into my AE71, but havent decided fully yet.