What 14" Or 15" Rims Will Fit A Ke55 Please ?

emu

KE 55's with 4 stud 114pcd centres normally have 13" rims of course, but I need to prepare mine for a sand track trek, and want to fit the fattest tread footprint that's feasible

I can source some 6" ,7" and 8" wide 13" rims, but finding good used fat tyres for them is really difficult. The value of the car( $4/500) doesn't warrant new tyres and rims

With 14" and (even easier) 15", fat used tyres being readily available, I'd love to know what make rims are compatible ,.....Coronas ? Toranas ? Other Jap's ?

Can anyone please point me in the right direction ?

Thanks very much

Pete

Members dont see this ad
Don't forget MA61 Supras (don't copy me though)

I really don't get people that say that.....there is probably at least a couple of hundred ke55's out there with MA61 supra wheels on them.....you really think you are the only one? if you really wanted to be different put a set of friggen redrilled mini wheels on it....i'm sure you'd be the first.

The reason this site is here is to help people find info on corollas and get ideas.....i've had a few people comment on my build up of my 5K and want to do the same kind of thing....to me thats a complement.

If you didnt want people to "copy" you.....why did you come here in the first place?....i'd be interested to know.

Sorry for the offtopicness of this post.....

Btw, you also forgot Corona 14" alloy wheels....same kinda of style as the corolla CSX rims.

Edited by Xany

There are plenty of aftermarket rims of days gone by too. Eg Hotwires, Jellybeans, Cheviot turbos, etc. Give it it the oldschool look. There is a wheel guide on ae86 driving club i believe. It has shitloads of jap aftermarket rims for ae86s listed. Not too many local styles, like the hotwires for example. Happy looking.

I really don't get people that say that.....there is probably at least a couple of hundred ke55's out there with MA61 supra wheels on them.....you really think you are the only one? if you really wanted to be different put a set of friggen redrilled mini wheels on it....i'm sure you'd be the first.

The reason this site is here is to help people find info on corollas and get ideas.....i've had a few people comment on my build up of my 5K and want to do the same kind of thing....to me thats a complement.

If you didnt want people to "copy" you.....why did you come here in the first place?....i'd be interested to know.

Sorry for the offtopicness of this post.....

It was a joke, ok? Not serious. In jest. Besides, I've only actually seen one other KE with Supra mags on it (yours are Soarer rims, slightly different), and it was a KE70. Obviously I haven't seen every KE in the country, but mine is the only KE55 that I know of with them.

I know mine are slighty different....they are also 15x6 not 14x6 like most soarer rims. I suppose its just something that irks me (when people say not to copy them on a forum)....i have seen quite a few of Ke's running around up here with supra rims on.....atm i havent got the soarer rims on as they need new tyres and i have a set of 14x6.5 jellybeans with almost brand new yokohama c drives i'm using.

Btw, it's nice to see someone that can keep a level head and not blow up at the person that has quoted them.....

I know mine are slighty different....they are also 15x6 not 14x6 like most soarer rims. I suppose its just something that irks me (when people say not to copy them on a forum)....i have seen quite a few of Ke's running around up here with supra rims on.....atm i havent got the soarer rims on as they need new tyres and i have a set of 14x6.5 jellybeans with almost brand new yokohama c drives i'm using.

Btw, it's nice to see someone that can keep a level head and not blow up at the person that has quoted them.....

Don't worry about it, I'm used to people not quite getting the point of my posts at times......the internet is a crappy medium for displaying emphasis, sarcasm etc, plus I don't use emoticons

• 8 months later...