Ta24 2ltre Into Ke70 Rolla

'rolla

I have a Ke70 rolla sitting in my yard with a blown engine

a mate has a 2ltre engine from a ta24 celica which he is willing to give me for nothing.

Does anyone know whether i can plonk the 2ltre into my ke70?

how much work is involved and is is worth it?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Members dont see this ad

If it`s a 18r or18r-u I wouln`t consider doing it unless you got a trailer "welded" to your rear end. They got torque ,but are heavy

workhorses. If it`s a 18rgu twin cam it could be fun but don't think it will be for free. You will need a diffrent gearbox , driveshaft, diff,

enginemounts and you will probably have to do someting about brakes and suspension. Then comes the job of making it legal..... :kiwi:

If you still want to do it, the best of luck to you. If you are looking for a cheap, easy replacement , my advice is to look for a K series.

The only T motor to come close to 2 litres is the 4T-GTE which was a rally bread motor used in the 80's.

For memory the motor that would be available in a stock TA24 would be a 2T 1600cc but it could be a 3T 1800cc, which is a common swap.

If it is a 2T or 3T the easiest way to get one in your engine bay is to swap your KE cross member with a TE72 (T18) cross member, and use T18 engine mounts.

You would also need a T50 gearbox from either a TE72 (T18) / TA22 (Celica). You have to change to an hydraulic clutch assembly.

Looks like the ta24 and the ta29 were us models and came with the 2.2 liter R20 engines.

no there was no RA24 and certainly no TA24 and as someone pointed out there is no 2L t series engine, also no ra29 i think you will find that it is a typo on one of the ghey google websites you visited for this misinformation

the US NEVER got a T series engine delivered, their models were the ra20/21 (the latter f@$king ugly) then ra23/28 then the 35 (ra28 with 5km/h bumpers standard and more emissions)

basically don't bother with it, its gonna be a f@$k around and if its an 18rc then it is likely your farts are going to have more power

thanks for all the input.

don't think I'm gonna go ahead with it.

could anyone tell me the simplest and cheapest conversion to do to my ke70.

all i want is a little more grunt over the standard 4k

What is the cheapest solution for you, depends on what you can get hold of.

If your ke70 is in good condition ,apart from the engine, and worth keeping , you could look for a rotten(rusted) te7x-ae7x donor car with a good engine -gearbox.

You would then have all the parts needed for a conversion.

Other options are finding a 4k and moding it (plenty info on that in FAQ)

or finding 5k. By keeping it "k" you wont have to mess around with the drivetrain.

It would be interesting to know what engine you were offered and what car it came out of.

no there was no RA24 and certainly no TA24 and as someone pointed out there is no 2L t series engine, also no ra29 i think you will find that it is a typo on one of the ghey google websites you visited for this misinformation

the US NEVER got a T series engine delivered, their models were the ra20/21 (the latter f@$king ugly) then ra23/28 then the 35 (ra28 with 5km/h bumpers standard and more emissions)

basically don't bother with it, its gonna be a f@$k around and if its an 18rc then it is likely your farts are going to have more power

It makes sense that there is no te24-29 with r engines ,but a lot of yank corolla owners are going to be pissed off when they find out

their engine doesn`t exsist. Still it will be nothing compared to the proud celica ra24-ra29 owners disapointment ,when they find out their love and joy was just their imagination. http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?...pic&t=11534

Not that it is in any way topic related , but I recived one of those not existing k to t bellhousings from NZ on saturday. :y:

Edited by tojo2

It makes sense that there is no te24-29 with r engines ,but a lot of yank corolla owners are going to be pissed off when they find out

their engine doesn`t exsist. Still it will be nothing compared to the proud celica ra24-ra29 owners disapointment ,when they find out their love and joy was just their imagination. http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?...pic&t=11534

Not that it is in any way topic related , but I recived one of those not existing k to t bellhousings from NZ on saturday. :y:

thats acutally incorrect the "RA29" posted there is infact an RA35 (ra28 with 5km/h bumpers), however i stand corrected the ra24, the only difference between it and the RA23 is the longer bonnet, bigger indicators and ghey bumpers, i don't believe it constitues a different chassis code, as it is an RA23 with different guards, in the same way a long nose ta22 is the same chassis as a short nose 22 they don't call that a ta23 do they;)

and what i mean was yanks never got a T engine delivered in a celica

post-2536-1176877484.jpgpost-2536-1176877484.jpg

thats acutally incorrect the "RA29" posted there is infact an RA35 (ra28 with 5km/h bumpers), however i stand corrected the ra24, the only difference between it and the RA23 is the longer bonnet, bigger indicators and ghey bumpers, i don't believe it constitues a different chassis code, as it is an RA23 with different guards, in the same way a long nose ta22 is the same chassis as a short nose 22 they don't call that a ta23 do they;)

and what i mean was yanks never got a T engine delivered in a celica