Meetings

hey guys,

I'm sick of this no meeting shit so I'm going to try to get things rolling again now I'm in lauceston so i don't know what goes on in hobart but if some one would like to fill me in that would b good.

i want to get the meetings going again want to try and work some thing out to try and get symmons plains for a track day or drag strip for those interested.

need an expresion of interest and if people want it there will have to b meetings to plan how and when there is a track day

hope to hear from uz

jay

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

I'm sick of this no meeting shit so I'm going to try to get things rolling again now I'm in lauceston so i don't know what goes on in hobart but if some one would like to fill me in that would b good.

i want to get the meetings going again want to try and work some thing out to try and get symmons plains for a track day or drag strip for those interested.

need an expresion of interest and if people want it there will have to b meetings to plan how and when there is a track day

hope to hear from uz

jay

Hell yeah I'm keen for meetings again! Was annoyed when they stopped!

I'm keen!

I'm sure i can twist nick into going allong

and I'm sure sean and lloyd will be up for it.

mabey if they wernt so soon together more people would come?

hows a month sound? 12 meetings a year aposed to ever 3 weeks

The meetings where never STOPPED. Just because i wasnt going doesnt meen they stopped. You all have a free will if you wanted to turn up at the site no one was going to stop you.

For your information, Simmons track days are easy to set up, If you are in a CAMS club its $55 per car and non CAMS club its $99 per car, You need to contact the caretaker at the track, you can find his phone number under simmons plains in the phone book, just ring him and he will tell you the avaliable dates.

There is no requirements for simmons other than you have to be over the age of 18 and sign a form saying that you can't sue the track for injury or damage (thats why you have to be 18 for a legal doc) oh yeah no retread tires.

But a helmet and a roadworthy car is a good start.

The drag way is a different setup all together, as far as i know it will cost you around $1200+ a day for the track and youll have to hire a St Johns ambulance or someone like that and they charge buy the hour :S a guess would be $55+ per hour.

But one option would be there is a test and tune day at the drags in Aug, normal cost for drag meeting is $55 + $10 for a day licence.

ill come to the track day, i was going to do it myself.

Edited by NickZ

Test and tunes are usually $35+$10.

Yeah private drag day are not really viable without 50 people going to split the cost. Ie, outlaws or the hot rod club etc.

If anybody is interested in getting more info for the drags, ring Forster St Wreckers and ask to speak to Leigh Flaretty. He owns both FSW and the drag way. :S

thanks guys,

thanks guys the ideas r good this is what i want !

info on symons and the drags r good to ill oransize a meeting soon and let u guys know just want to c how many more r interested

and nick is right it could have kept going

anyway look forard to meeting u guys