The 57 Vauxhall Ute

teza40

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY Mikey,

like wow man ,very nice job on the drawing..good too see it has some peoples creative juices flowing.love the lakes pipes under the sill panel.

Yes i owe you..although I'm sure going for a more custom look,not too radical but would like to take some of the original vauxhall design out of the look of the car..

cheers and once again, nice job!

Teza

Edited by teza40

WOW guys,I'm impressed.

hey 7 shades yep i like that old plymouth custom (troy trepainer custom, wasnt it).and yes a smooth look with mercedes head lights..

Mikey now you`re talking my style.twin upright head lights work well also i think.

i am currently watching on e bay.valiant s series front head lights complete (surrounds,lamps and backing plates) should do nicely.

cheers

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 2 all,

well last week end i went out on the friday to the ute in ipswich and did a little bit more work on the old girl.

i say a little bit cos friday was the only day out of four that i worked on her.saturday and sunday were spent in the middle of nowhere around 120 kilometres from warwick on a mates property.man its nice to get away from the rat race,you could hear a pin drop.

bloody cold at night though sleeping in the 4x4..but a good time away just the same..anyhow`s back to the ute,i now have the front sheet meatal stripped off and the front and rear screens out.

the rubber was so hard i used my 4 inch grinder to cut just under the glass and then picked the rubber overlaping the glass off (don't want broken screens) will be hard to replace.

that daggy old roof linning hanging down was hidding a nice suprise,there sits still in place the original interior light base and non cracked lens.fantastic for a 50 year old car i reckon.

next trip out i hope to get the body off the chassis,well whats left of it at the moment.

i also won on e bay a set of S series valiant headlight surrounds that along with RA40 celica twin round headlight s and mounts will be frenched into the fron gaurds of the ute.

enjoy the pics

cheers

teza40

post-2215-1183814582_thumb.jpgpost-2215-1183814343_thumb.jpg

post-2215-1183814131.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

HI 2 ALL, well a short update on very slow progress,havent done much since last post other than some small and quick resto work on interior parts.

oh and yep buying stuff for the ute,i have the taillights and front indicators i will french into the body and the s series surrounds...

just need to get out there and get into it.

enjoy the pics

Teza40

original rusty parts

post-2215-1185263320.jpg

pillar trims back to bare metal

post-2215-1185263390.jpg

all nice again in primer

post-2215-1185263732.jpg

top four lenses on the rear to be frenched in

the rear.

lower two lenses on the front to be frenched

in the front.

the white one in the middle is the original 50 year

old interior light assembly in great condition.

post-2215-1185264088.jpg

valiant s series surrounds for the front

post-2215-1185264455.jpg

AHHHHHH back to bare,

yes that is right the only way to do it.Take the old lady naked,back to her metal skin and find all the things that need to be fixed.

some onelse has done a respray over at one time in its life and little bog repairs here and there,not for this fella (to be done as good as possible) use the least amount of bog.

heaps of lead in this ute,the good old days of covering up panel joins with heaps of lead.

so far the roof and right rear gaurd taken back and etch primered.

many hours of hammer and dolly to be done on the roof and new rust sections to be made and welded into the rear gaurd.

soldier on brave crazy man.

enjoy the pics

post-2215-1185851622.jpg post-2215-1185851657.jpg

post-2215-1185851711.jpg post-2215-1185851760.jpg

post-2215-1185851811.jpg