Random Photo Thread

The Tercel will take a thrashing, but I've heard the transfer case thing that allows you to engage 4WD is just plain weak, and it saps heaps of the cars power.......

It should be capable off road, but I look at that picture and think "Wheelbase too long?" "not enough ride height?" Meh, I'm probably wrong.........

I'd be happy to arrange a "Corolla 4WDing day" for those that are up for it, I have recovery gear and can arrange "real" 4WDs as backups........

Great fun in beater cars you don't care about......... Or your wifes hatchback......... Doo de doo...........

Members dont see this ad

I have EXTENSIVELY tested the AL25 Tercel. Several of them in fact :hmm:

You would not believe the things they can do.... Clearance is surprisingly good, departure angle is the only thing holding them back. Could do with a bit more torque too. But other than that, they love sand and mud and I've yet to break ANY part of the driveline....

BEN - You just came up with a good idea for the next North Tas rolla meet I think!!!.......

The "How far will your old rolla make it" cruise!!! :2thumbs:

There's a few of guys in launy with older cars that probably wouldn't care about taking them off road, I'll look into it. :cool:

BTW, On the weekend I found 2 different (one at Longford, one at hillwood or something) paddocks that the owners are happy for us to play car soccer on......one of the places even has soccer goals on site!!!! :hmm:

Will keep you in the loop as things get organised. :yes:

Handy to know, the poor old AE92 is beginning to find the limit of it's off-road traction, so I need to make a move on project offroader.........

Although the hatch is pretty bloody unbreakable........ Mud confuses it.......

Well if you like the AE9* architechture, The AE94 4wd wagons (technically not a tercel, but look just as ugly and yet inexplicably that makes them cool in my eyes) are quite capable as well, but lose some ground clearance and modification options.

I don't see them being any different than a subaru leone (old ones) and they go places as a standard vehicle.

Subaru L-series go brilliant off road, through pretty thick sand. Only thing that lets them down is the ground clearance. I'd imagine the tercel, being almost identical in those kidna figures, would be the same :hmm:

L-series has a bit of aftermarket stuff though, when it comes to liftkits etc

Simon: Ta, I've been trying to put together a run like that for ages, but none of my mates think toyotas are *that* good........ (they don't know real class when I show it to them) BTW, can we call it the "How-far-will-your-old-rolla-make-it" cruise? It has a nice ring to it....... :D

Top work on the paddocks! :thumbsup: Very impressed you came up with something that quick....... I'm all for it, I just need a car i care less about now....... (gotta stop belting the hatch, seeing as I bought it for the wife, she never drives it so I'm going to fix the bumper and sell it)

7shades: The AE9x is a good car, can't fault it, but as I said before, I only bought that one for the handbrake, gimme a KE70 any day.

billyrock: You should tell your mate to see what we do to cars we don't like/care about.......... And also where we get some of the 4WD's............ Although I'm still laughing about the time I decided to follow some "hardcore" four wheel drivers one day to see where they were heading, I asked if I could come along with them and they said "yeah, sure, we have a few spare seats".......... They gave me blank looks when I said I wanted to follow them in the KE70, not ride with them, "won't make it", "no way" and "get f***ed that thing will go anywhere off road" were the initial responses I got, but one of them told me he'd back me if I got stuck, so it was on, 10 minutes into the trip and I overtook 3 bogged four wheel drives, got to some solid ground and asked them if they wanted me to tow them out too.......... I think they nearly cried........

Afterthought: If anyone has a KE70 (or similar) just lying around that runs and drives ok, I want it, it doesnt have to have working lights, or rego, or straight panels, or matching paint, as long as the chassis is straight and it moves well under it's own power. I don't want to pay too much due to the fact the car will be turned into a test rig for some new ideas, and never used on the road........... Let me know.

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Just found this pic on my old phone, I was wandering through EB one day shortly after the release of Need For Speed Pro Street looking for a new keyboard and I saw this, thought it was priceless.........

It's either a subtle ploy by the government, or an explaination for the level of dangerous drivers on the road right now.........

IMG025a.jpg

Hey Ben, we've been doing a lot of thinking/talking on the car soccer thing last few days, and a gay as it may seem I think we need to have some sort of committee meetings!!!

Here's one thing I'm going to put out there for everybody to think about.....We need to think of a suitable ball!!

Some of the suggestion we came up with last night were:

2x tractor inner tubes strapped together, aka Top Gear Ice Hocky style. - There's a popping issue here.

Stuffed full Been Bag!! Has to be chockers and round though. - main issue with this is if it get driven OVER the under side of the car will most likely rip it open.

Rolled up foam mattress from vinnies etc - This was one of the best so far

Somebody throw up some ideas. Needs to be at least a metre sphere, durable - ie, not pop, squash, or easily dent. And also be quite light and easy to push around or "kick".

:thumbsup:

I think there is an extream sport with a ball called a zorb. Its a massive blow up ball which someone climbs in and gets rolled down a massive hill. You could use one of those. Or even have someone in it, tho it'd be dangerous.