Revheads Ke70 Shaggin Wagon

Mr Revhead

well thought id let you all know whats put a halt to my starlet project.....

on stands

bought for a massive $400

running gear was removed to go into a morrie minor.

hence its missing some major and some weird components.

mmmboost sold me a 4k, already had a k50 lying around, and scrounged an S leaf housing and a complete ae85 diff so mix and match with. WDE_BDY found the correct (i hope!) drive shaft at a wreckers so that should arrive next week. (huge thanks man!!)

freind of mine with a overrated ke70 liftback is coming over monday so i have an example to work with when trying to sort the engine bay wires out.

so shouldnt be too far off.....

MODIFICATIONS:

we all know stock ke70s suck....

so I'm leaving the engine stock as a rock. for now!

front suspension consists of:

aa63 struts, rebuilt with TRD inserts, cobra springs, mount shop top hats, aa63 brakes and Revhead adjustable arms.

front sway bar links changed from stock arm to bar, to strut to bar links

rear is lowering blocks, 16mm sway bar and yet to be decided shocks. may go panhard bar aswell in the futre.

also using a te71 brake booster, and mitsi FWD steelies.

some other pics:

painted arm

diff

brakes

finished arms

inner arm

astina section

inside

assembly

4k powah!!!

made the arms my self, used adjustable section from an astina rear arm, cut ke70 arm, needed 40mm extra length anyway due to positive camber cause by the aa63 steering arms, welded the threaded sections onto an L section and welded it to the ke70 sections. spent hours mucking around with the first one to sort how to do it, then did the 2nd one in like 1/4 the time! lol.

they go away for testing next week. so soon we will know if my welding is upto it!

Members dont see this ad

some progress!

have been getting a few things done....

got my front arms back from testing, all sweet there.

rear sway bar is now done. well will be when the paint dries and i can bolt it up!

diff mount

swaybar link and body mount

got the wheels blasted and painted

have now got/located all the parts i need to finish, i think!!

so on schedule to hit the road around the 20th of next month

more progress.

had it on its wheels for the first time last night.

didnt get pic as no room to roll it outside, and theres another POS next to it in the shed :twisted:

so finished the rear end, put the brakes together. f*** i HATE drums brakes :evil:

made up front sway bar links and mounts

link

front links

not far off now! :D

wow, these wild wagons are poppin up every where :evil:

At least your doing things the right way around, I bought my wagon with a 4agte and it's a friggin animal to drive with all that power going through the stock brakes/suspension. You'll have to let us know how she handles.

Have you got any plans for propulsion once you get it to stop and steer.

well i had the struts lying around for the starlet, but seeing as itll be some time before that needs them, and one look at stock ke70 brakes scared me..... i decided to go for those

just so happned i had some TRD shocks lying around tha i didnt fit to my previous AE92..... measured them up.... and with 52mm spacers they fit...

so i thought why not!

future plans for this involve towing and carrying stuff around.... so bigger brakes seemed like a good idea.

then found i needed to lengthen the arms to fix the massive positive camber those struts gave it!

and rear sway bar is needed for balance as linking the front bar like i have increases its effect.

plus the bigger diff means it wont blow up as much :D

yes i have plans for more power, a stock 4k is not enough!!

they involve a 5k, rebuild, and a certain accessory that previously lived in an AW11 MR2 :evil:

i wasnt aware they had any other sort of window :evil:

they were sold new here, not the most common model, but not what id call rare...

certainly more common than 2 door liftbacks, which a mate of mine has a overrated example of.

Most of the ones here in .au have the smaller inner window.

Click my signature to see the pics of mine on my website to see the difference :D

• 1 month later...