Early Ke20

ke13bt

i have the opportunity to buy a 1971 ke20. my question is in regards to the mechanical makeup of the early and late model ke20s

are they basically the same or are the interchangeable. and also are some of the body parts interchangeable? any help is appreciated

Members dont see this ad

Different bonnets (old bonnets are slightly shorter in the middle, and rounded, later models have more of a point like lj toranas). Switches etc are often different, and front guards are too.

Mechanically, I haven't noticed any differences, except the different front eyes of the leaf suspension. Some early KE's have a small bush. I had difficulty getting the small one, and actually made some bushes out of nylon.

One of my cars doesn't have a water feed back system (forgot the real name) for the radiator, other ones do.

robj

• 5 months later...

This is a bit old sorry, but have been trawling through the forum looking for an answer. I have nearly finished my AE86 resto and have a 1973 KE25 to move onto next.

I see a lot of references to the early and late KE20/25.

I see in the history build thread that "a minor face lift occurred in September 1971."

What is the build date at which the changes came in? I realise mine is a late.

Edited by parrot