4age Strenth, T 50 Strenth

mundawg

I am considering a turbo set up for my stock 4age 16v blue and black tpo ge. I was wondering if any one hase done this ( I'm sure some one has) its unclear how mutsh boost theas motors can handle in stock form?

dost the t 50 have the strenth to take 8 to 10 pound of boost?

any info on this would be verry helpful. cheers Michael.

Members dont see this ad

If this is to be a bigport with standard internals and a turbo added, then about 7-8psi of boost should be the maximum recommended. The T50 should handle the power such an engine would make, unless (as stated by Trev) you clutch kick or do silly things like giving it too much shit in first and second too often. You should be able to make about 200hp at the engine with a bigport on 7-8psi (at a rough guess).

If this is to be a bigport with standard internals and a turbo added, then about 7-8psi of boost should be the maximum recommended. The T50 should handle the power such an engine would make, unless (as stated by Trev) you clutch kick or do silly things like giving it too much shit in first and second too often. You should be able to make about 200hp at the engine with a bigport on 7-8psi (at a rough guess).

^^^^What more can you say, All very correct^^^^

The person i know that is running a turbo on his bigport GE just changed the map sensor to a GZE one, As with ancullen has agreed 7-8 should be fine but just don't throw 10 at it and have a decent intercooler.

Thanks for the info lads. With that in mind i will be able to use a turbo set up. i also spoke to my friends dad who is doing a twin setup on a ford xc coupe. He was saying i could lower the compresion. somthink about a thicker head gasket. am considering it just to be sure i will not break ne think?

Dude, there is a general mechanical section where you can start a topic if you like. I know the answer to your query, but in future please post your own topic in the right section. Hijacking sucks. 54NM from memory. Make sure the bolts are fine or you may snap one off. Thats a lot of torque for a little bolt.

i heard they run ok at 7psi but you will need to put a gze head gasket. the guy who owns jap imports on the gold coast runs a 4age bigport in his sprinter drift car

people have run 14psi on a stock bluetop fine

its ALL in the tuning.

are you using a tunable ecu? if not then i think your limited to about 5psi, i can't remember how tolerable of boost the 4age map sensor is.

the gze head gasket is the same as the 4age gasket.

if you want a thinker head gasket, use 2 TRD ones. they are multi layer steel, you can add and remove sheets.

but you wont need to do that.

my aw11 ran 8psi on stock redtop bigport for years. it used the 4agze ecu.