What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

Yeah, once it's out, it's hard to get it back to normal.

I think it's due to a lot of messed up work hours and study and these last two days i've had lethargy to the point where I cannot function. Think I'm getting sick..

Try being a shift worker working a full rotating shift and get back to me.

I'll pass :no2:

Try being a shift worker working a full rotating shift and get back to me.

Been there done that, threw out the autographed poster.

And five years later my sleep patterns still up the creek. It starts to come good and something throws it out again.

17 years I've been doing it.

Current shift is 0530 to 1700 (2 days) 1730 to 0600 (2 nights) then "4" off. I say 4 because I have to turn up 95.5 hours again after I last finished.

Must say I preferred permanent nights.

I've been sleeping 4hrs a night for something like 8 years, never had any sort of circadian rhythm even as a kid.

Apparently I have a genetic mutation (I can elaborate, but nobody cares) whereby I lapse into REM sleep immediately and complete the full rest cycle in a shorter time. No ill effects, healthy as can be.

There are quite a lot of people (around 3% of the population) with an abnormality (or duplicate) of the ABCC9 gene who are programmed to run on 6 hours a day, but they usually carry a higher risk of heart disease and other nasty stuff.

In my case (which is apparently ludicrously rare) Its a mutation of the hDEC2 Transcription facilitator linked to the BMAL1 gene.

No side effects. I have to get medicals every year and I'm stupidly healthy despite my shitty lifestyle and morbid fear of salads.

Haven't had a flu or anything for years.

Also, when asked, random girls guess my age at around 27, which I'm quite ok with... :P So I guess I don't LOOK tired either.

I'll go to bed at about 11 tonight, and be up at 3am to start work. Sometimes I grab a 30min disco siesta after lunch if I have time.

Current shift is 0530 to 1700 (2 days) 1730 to 0600 (2 nights) then "4" off. I say 4 because I have to turn up 95.5 hours again after I last finished.

That's an interesting set of shifts......

I like mine, 8:30am to 8:30pm 4 days a week for 4 weeks, then 8:30pm to 8:30 am for four weeks, nice and easy.

Must say I preferred permanent nights.

Agree, I've been doing permanent nights for around 15 years. I've left the job and done different things for a day job, but manage to always come back to nights. Much easier on the mind and body than shift work.

I've been working 2 jobs for the last 4 years now, job 1, 2200hrs to 0700hrs, job 2, 0730hrs to 1330hrs.

Besides, night shift has it's benifits. When I go to a pub and everyones ready to go home by 1 or 2 am, I'm just starting...