What Grinds My Gears.

Money..

Seems every time I get back to a decent position financially, something happens and bang, byebye savings. I've had to spend 3 weeks pay in the last four days on things I shouldn't have to... Plus i've been doing a lot of work for people for free lately.. Makes saving for a car/house/rainy day just get harder and harder to do..

Members dont see this ad

The biggest money killer for me was food/drinks while at work. Buying them wherever I was cost me over $80 a week, I can make lunch etc & take it to work with me for about $30 a week. Eat healthier & save $50 a week? Winning! :D

WGMG - The breeding ability of mice & my unwillingness to use poison baits, if my dog finds one killed by poison before I do & eats it, BIG problem. :(

Peanut butter & traps work great, but I've trapped over 40 in the last 6 weeks & they still keep coming. No food that they can get to aside from in the traps, no 'nest' I can find....napalm too extreme?

The biggest money killer for me was food/drinks while at work. Buying them wherever I was cost me over $80 a week, I can make lunch etc & take it to work with me for about $30 a week. Eat healthier & save $50 a week? Winning! :D

I usually just have a pack of noodles and free coffee. About $1.10 per week.

Money..

Seems every time I get back to a decent position financially, something happens and bang, byebye savings.

do a budget.

i did a budget and realised i spend a shed load of cash, on nothing.

We're going through a company called "MyBudget"

The only two problems with them is that you have to have a minimum of 10 grand debt before they'll look at you. And the other is that you get a weekly allowance (for us its $200 which is for food, fuel and anything else we want to buy)

Before we joined all our bills were either behind in payment or close to it, they pay all the bills etc, and now we're not only ahead of the bills but we're also saving money that we never knew about.

Want to save a shit load of cash, don't have kids!

We slapped up some solar panels on the roof. We went from $500ish bill to $750 credit on the last bill :) Still earning us money even with the average weather atm.

Here's a tip how to save a few $, works for me.

I HATE change in my wallet. Everyday when I get home I empty my wallet of coins and put it in moneyboxes.

Everyday on my way to work, I stop for my morning coffee and the paper. I hand over $10 and get $4.80 in coins back, everyday.

Thats only $24 a week, but it is $1158 a year. Can't buy much with $4.80 these days but you can have some fun with $1158.

It's only small amounts, you wont miss it and you wont have a pocket full of crap change.

Those big tin moneyboxes you get from the cheapshops are great, cause their a bastard to break into (hide the can openers).

I have one for gold coins and one for silver. Last Christmas after putting all my change into these things for the year I had $1700.

Was a good christmas...

Or, a simple coke can. A coke can hold almost $700 in $2 coins.

The temptation is to not break into them.

Edited by clubby2084

Here's a tip how to save a few $, works for me.

I HATE change in my wallet. Everyday when I get home I empty my wallet of coins and put it in moneyboxes.

Everyday on my way to work, I stop for my morning coffee and the paper. I hand over $10 and get $4.80 in coins back, everyday.

Thats only $24 a week, but it is $1158 a year. Can't buy much with $4.80 these days but you can have some fun with $1158.

And $1200 a year on coffee :o

Wow that's pretty damn good. Suspect that's cumulative credit though?

No, first bill since it was installed. Really kicked arse over summer. Also we managed to get onto the premium rebate here in Vic. 65cents per KW for anything we don't use.