What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

Just walk away.

Yes, yes I did

maybe take a dump in their letter box on the way out....

I'd knock and do it right in front of them for the aggravation they have set upon me

In a similar vein people putting how much they'll spend on a wtb. You don't set the price, the seller does.

And lately on Facebook "inbox me offers".

What's with that? People must expect you to treat them like royalty for your items? I don't understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a thing now, the buyer has to do all the leg work and not the seller.

"Inbox for more info"

"Inbox an offer"

"Swaps for whatever"

"Pics upon request"

"CBF typing details, inbox"

Does my head in.

This has annoyed me for ages!

However, over the years of selling all my car stuff I've noticed that putting less information in an ad generates more interest from buyers, and I don't just mean people asking for information that isn't in the ad but people wanting to buy the shit with no information at all. I guess people just CBF reading/lose interest after knowing all the details/are idiots/think the items might be better than they are because there is no information to go off.

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty whats wrong with young kids?

I put e30 bmw automatic gearbox on gumtree weeks ago, kinda forgot about it. guy messages me on friday (just gone) about 1030am, wants to come get it....right now. i said I'm at work ill be home at 6pm. asked me continuously across about 10 messages if it was all possible for someone to be home so he can come get it right now, i kept saying no, noone is home, kept asking, almost got the the point where i was going to ignore him. Guy finally agrees to come at 6pm friday.

I race home from work, meet him at 6, gave him a bunch of parts i didnt need that were all automatic related, but werent advertised (flywheel, torque convertor, shifter, few other things). No worries, everyone is happy. i got some money for stuff i was going to bin, he gets a gearbox for quite cheap ($200), and a heap of other junk.

Guy messages me last night (sunday), asked if i had the automatic transmission fluid hardlines (that go to the radiator) out of the car and could he come get them asap as he "really needed them". I said i was out, but i hadnt got them out of my car yet, and i would try and get them out monday after work (after 6pm), never hear anything from him.

He tries to call me around 5pm this arvo, I'm driving home so don't answer. I sort of forget about that as i litterally raced into the house, changed clothes, jumped under the car to remove stupid hard lines. which was a real pain to do. Messaged the guy a photo about 630 and said is what he was after, and if so come and get it. oh and i asked for $20 for my effort in pulling them out.

Never heard from him again. its now 8pm, worked my ass off for 40mins to get the pipes out cause he "Really needed them", now wont answer messages or phone calls.

jerk?

or maybe there is a good reason, hopefully.

upside is, my car has no automatic junk in it now, i really should have pulled those hardlines out weeks ago:P

Had a kinda similar thing happen, but over a phone. Dude needed a phone asap like right that minute, offered me $60, it was up for $130.

Told the guy I'm at work till 4 so I can't get the phone anyway.

Keeps offerering me more money every hour and harassing me to come pick it up asap.

I just ignored him in the end till he offered my $100 then told him I would have accepted that if he hadn't low balled me in the first place.

Then told him to get ʞ©$ɟed.

Sold the phone for $100 the next day to someone else.

• 3 weeks later...

Kids my age in the car scene.

I'm sure it's not just the youngens, but I'm sick and tired of being ʞ©$ɟed around - it almost seems to be a Corolla specific issue! I've had a bunch of different vehicles come by now, motorbikes, Cressida's, Subaru's, Nissan's... whenever it's some younger dude with something Corolla related it's the biggest pain in the arse getting lied to and ʞ©$ɟed about.

I'm on a pretty good wicket these days but I understand it's tough with cars when funds are limited but there is absolutely no excuse to be a complete ʞ©$ɟbag to other people in the community.

Just settled and read the posts above. Maybe it is just the youngens :D. Sorry lads!

• 1 year later...

Dealing with alcohol interlock customers.  Not even installing them yet and I am getting pissed off with them.  Seriously, DO NOT ʞ©$ɟING DRINK DRIVE.  Do not sook and whinge to me about why it is bullshit that I have to get an interlock fitted.  IT IS YOUR FAULT, suck it up and move on.  It could be my wife and 5 kids that you drive through while you are driving pissed.

• Upvote 1