What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad
2 hours ago, LittleRedSpirit said:

Good plan, however I'm using a desktop in my office and no laptop.  She has 2 laptops and acts like they arent able to print.  Therefore must email to my email, then print from my office.  Just select the printer on the network from the laptop.  It can be done.

I disabled the wifi permanently on my laptop, my ex asked "why can't your laptop do internet?"  In which I replied "it's a special automotive one, it's only for tuning." She wasn't the sharpest tool, that one.

Wifey has probably done you a favor Matt, no suckerbook can only be a plus, even if you miss the panel.

• 1 month later...

Booking and paying for accommodation online. Arriving and then being told that we are over booked......

Then basically being screwed by the booking agent. Found replacement accom myself and now being stuffed around on a refund......

Company behind the website is Agoda.

After nasty emails through PayPal and to their "customer" service people finally got a refund. Company tried to offer us vouchers then they wanted our credit card details or a license details and bank account details to get a refund because they couldn't refund through PayPal......

• 4 weeks later...

Well work cover are being a bunch of pricks. After constantly rejecting the missus certificate of capacity, forcing a 2 hr drive back to the hospital after being fucked around on the phone. Eventually went back to the ward and got it sorted out. 

Then, even though the claim is supposed to be completed in 30 odd days, work cares doctor isn't available until August.......and now the claim has been rejected after a couple of interviews.  Hello union......

• 10 months later...

Well it's been a shit year or so now. The missus is still recovering from her stroke 14 months or so ago and is not been given permission to work or drive yet. Work care ain't paying anything and the union seems to be doing SFA. Haven't heard from them for 6 months.

Now I may not have a job at the end of the year as I work at s single franchise Holden dealership. All I have been told is what you hear in the news, which is more than what Holden has told us. Even the DP is in the dark. 

Anyone know of any spare part/service advisor jobs in Central VIC?????

That is a shit year!  The Welfare State is just an expensive lottery, and if you win you will get everything you need and even more that you don't.. but for many people all you get is a long story of frustration and a paperwork trail that needs a lawyer to unravel.

GM reckon Holden will run service for a decade after they officially shut the brand, but in the end the same number of people will buy new cars and need the same number of service dealers, so there will be the same number of jobs going. You might end up with Dongfeng or Geely or Great Wall as the Chinese industry expands overseas, or Aussie might  have to change to driving on the right to even get new cars!

Best wishes to your wife, that's about the worst thing that can happen in life.

I've been saying for a few years now that they should transition Supercars to a modified-GT3/4 category, probably the closest international-grade category out there to what the V8s currently are speed-wise, plus allows manufacturers an easy entrance back in to the Australian racing market (can still have Ford v GM v Toyota v Nissan et al, just won't be a Taxi Racing category any more).  If they wanted to try and maintain more of a link to the "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mantra then they'd probably need to go more towards an expanded TCR category, but you'd have better luck converting a dyed-in-the-wool Holden/Ford V8 supporter to a Camaro/Mustang GT4 than you would a Hyundai i30N or Golf GTi TCR.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist