What Inserts/tophats To Use?

bLinded_

Hey guys,

I am currently in the process of re-doing my front brake and suspension setup using XT130 struts with 2spot calipers and coilovers. :D Have all the parts I need for the conversion apart from new shock inserts for the XT130 struts as the ones that were in the struts when I got them are rooted. I thought that all was going to plan, however, just before I went to order the inserts today, I realised I had a problem. What strut tophat and insert do I use? I realised that the XT tophat has a slightly larger bolt pattern than the KE one so it won't fit the KE strut tower and because my car still has all the stock suspension gear in it, I am unable to see if the XT shock inserts will fit through the KE tophat. :( Just need to know if the XT130 inserts will work with the KE70 tophats and if not, what one to use? If anyone has used the XT130 struts in their KE70 like for the hilux/pug/corona upgrade or what not, could they please let me know what tophat and insert to use?

Any help is muchly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

-Alex

Members dont see this ad

Thanks for the replys.

ae86 should fit

i used TRD inserts in my AA63 struts

you'll fint that there will only be about 2 different diameters for toyota struts around that time.

so with the use of spacers you have a MASSIVE choice

I read that the AE86 strut top bolt pattern is the same as an '83 KE70 and also the AE86 strut tube inner diameter is the same as the XT130 one. So, if I was to get AE86 camber tops and strut inserts, they SHOULD fit into the KE70 okay, right? Please correct me if I am wrong as I would like to be 100% sure on what to use before I buy anything.

Thanks,

-Alex

Thanks for all the info guys.

AE86 inserts and T3 camber tops it is. Can get the inserts easy, but will need to find some camber tops on the cheap as $240+ brand new is a bit steep for me. Hopefully it should all work quite nicely, but, if worst comes to worst I can always sell it if it doesn't.

If anyone has other information to add, go for it. Any info is good info :party:

-Alex