Formal Nt Club

ancullen

Okay, a suggestion has been put to me by someone not related to RollaClub in anyway, and I want to put it out there:

Would any of you be interested in joining a proper, formal club in the NT? Before you answer, please check the following:

• You would HAVE to attend meetings regularly. There would be monthly meetings and we would require a minimum turnout. So you don't have to attend every meeting, but we'd have to have at least ten people at each meeting. Of course, it would be preferred if everyone tried to come to every meeting.
  • There WOULD be a membership fee - let's say $100 a year for instance. It would probably be less, but I want to know that everyone's serious. It might be as much as $100, but you'd get a club shirt or something included in that price.
  • There would be an annual general meeting, which would require a larger turnout of members. This is a legal requirement of having a proper club, as are the monthly meetings.
  • There would be a budget, financial reports, annual auditing & tax stuff, and much more. More legal requirements.
  • There would be elections for a club executive each year, including President and Treasurer. Again, all legal requirements.

These are all the hard work parts. The benefits of having a proper club would be:

• We could actually have public liability insurance for cruises and stuff. BIG benefit.
  • As a proper club, we could choose to arrange shirts, caps, stickers, etc and have them produced locally.
  • We could appeal to a wider audience than simply Corollas.
  • There is NO reason why you could not all remain members of RollaClub - I know without any doubt that I would remain a member.
  • Local organisation = local interests
  • We could arrange a local forum (like Boost or RollaClub), but probably wouldn't. Always have the option though.
  • More benefits - just can't think of them at the moment.

Still interested? There would be a LOT of work involved, but I think it would be worth it.

Currently the only clubs we could really join would be the Motor Vehicle Enthusiasts Club (MVEC) or NT Gassers, and I don't know much about NT Gassers, but MVEC is VERY vintage and classic car orientated.

The style of club that I'm thinking of is either a Toyota club of some kind, or a Japanese car club. Or possibly a modern car club. I like the idea of the Japanese car club as the Holden & Ford owners already have their own strong clubs. A Toyota club would be nice, but I'm not sure we'd get enough membership to warrant forming one.

Please give me some feedback in replies below. The topic is open to discussion/suggestions. If you say you're interested in joining such a club, I'm going to assume that you've read ALL of the above and agree with it and that if I go to the hard yards of forming a club, that you'll definitely be joining.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good idea mate. Have you thought of posting it on boost for more exposure or just fleshing out the possiblities

I work for the place where clubs/associations lodge all there forms etc. I could grab some info packs if you would like.

As this is a serious proposition it would have to be researched seriously(I am sure you have already don't it Adam).

Other things that would need adressing is whether or not there will be

A clubhouse

Service of alcohol

Service of food

There are also many others

But as you said forming a club that caters for Japanese cars would be great.

:) Good idea, thanks for putting it forward :):D:D

Sounds like a good idea mate. Have you thought of posting it on boost for more exposure or just fleshing out the possiblities

Considered it - want feedback off here first.

I work for the place where clubs/associations lodge all there forms etc. I could grab some info packs if you would like.

Already got them. :) Haven't read through them all yet though.

As this is a serious proposition it would have to be researched seriously(I am sure you have already don't it Adam).

Other things that would need adressing is whether or not there will be

A clubhouse

Service of alcohol

Service of food

There are also many others

But as you said forming a club that caters for Japanese cars would be great.

:) Good idea, thanks for putting it forward :D:D:D

There wouldn't be a clubhouse as such. We'd just arrange a place to have meetings monthly. Motorsport House at Hidden Valley would probably be the location for meetings, but I'd need to check first. And I won't start checking until I get some idea of possible member numbers first. This is just the first step, getting an idea of numbers.

great idear

i'd be happy to pay 100 bucks a year no worries

i like the shirt idear

should do sutbbie coolers as well

The main thing was whether people would pay as much as $100. What the actual costs are and what that buys would be decided a LOT further down the line.

yeah not so much younger enthusiasts but younger cars as the as most clubswant unmodified and older cars. VCC wouldnt allow my dad into VCC because his XY had large wheels and what not. and nt gassers wouldnt let me mate enter their club with his turbocharged camaro cause its to modified so they reckon

VCC? Haven't heard of that one. I know that VCC stands for Vintage Car Club, but that's in reference to club car registration for anyone that's a member of a club and has a car over thirty years old.

Another benefit - if we got enough people, we could look at VCC registrations. They're cheaper, but you can't use the car as a daily driver. It's okay for some people, but obviously isn't for everyone. I know I'd get it for the TA22. And there's lots of KE55's and KE70/AE71/AE86's that aren't far off being thirty years old. :no: