Shannons Motoring Extravaganza

ancullen

The Shannons Motoring Extravaganza for 2008 is now in the planning stages. This has been a GREAT event for the last two years, and in 2008, I REALLY want to see a RollaClub display. There will be a cost involved, but it'd be nice to get a few members' cars together to show people that we exist as a club and have some club pride.

I WILL be putting some of my own cars on display, and would like some of you to do the same. This is why I'm giving you so much warning - this way we'll be able to get the cars prepared in time.

At this stage, I plan on displaying:

ST205

KE55

TA22

I would also LIKE to see:

AW11 (Shane)

AE82 (Stephen)

ZZE123 (Meg)

KE10 (ake_10) - if he's in the country at the time

AE82 (Tim)

Obviously any and all of you are welcome, but I'd like to ensure that we have a well presented display. I know that the KE55 looks like shit, so I'll be giving it a lick of paint and a freshen up so it actually looks reasonable. And hopefully the TA22 will be ready and road registered before this show.

I'm also hoping that Rhys (rusty) might be able to help us out with painting of vehicles, but I'm yet to chat to him about this.

Obviously May is a fair way away, but I'd like to know if any of you would be interested in getting a club display together. You don't have to commit for certain yet. That won't happen till about February at the earliest. But if you're interested, post below and we can start planning. :y:

Edited by ancullen
DATE CHANGED TO 14th & 15th OF JUNE 2008

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

f@$k YEAH, THE BITCH WILL BE PAINTED THEN TO :y:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

BLACK :dance: w/ BLACK RIMZORS WITH the CHROME LIP JA

But yeah Adam, would be good, no offence to some but it would probably be best if only the "prettier" cars were presented, however with that being said people have presented some rather "..." cars and project cars.

All Corolla's are sexy in my eyes :cool:

Cool - that should be five cars minimum then. That's a nice start, and it would make a nice display even if that's all we get. The only issue would be that there'd only be two Corollas, along with two Celicas and an MR2. At least two supercharged cars though. :y:

And between the five cars we'd have over 800hp. That's not including any extra power gained from mods. If I got the TA22 twin-cammed and supercharged in time, it'd be at least 200hp, so that'd give us a figure of over 900hp, and if we include the extra power Shane will be making from the new pulley and intercooler (and exhaust), then we'd be over 950hp.

And just so you know how I'm working these figures out:

AW11: 145hp (about 200hp with Shane's planned mods)

AE82: 160hp (it's just a standard silvertop at the moment)

KE55: 160hp (standard AE101 4A-GZE)

TA22: 100hp - with stock 13T, 200+hp with 13T-GZEU

ST205: 240hp

It'd be nice to have five cars lined up and say that we've got over 1,000hp between us. If a certain person hurried up and turbo'd his AE82 before the car show we'd be set. That should give an EASY 250+hp (at the engine), so we'd be well over 1,000hp between us.

• 4 weeks later...

It's better we decide early, so I'm glad you brought this up.

My preference is to do a RollaClub display. That way we can control it within the club and won't have to rely on others.

Are you still all in for a RollaClub display (non Corollas are allowed).

Do we want to exclude non-Toyotas?

Ideally as rollaclub would only be corollas, but I guess we could include Toyota's. I would definetly stop it at that though.

But IMHO solely rollas would be better but I doubt we would have the numbers so a few toyotas would be good but would mainly focus on the corollas.

I will probably enter my car in the dyno even if its not turbo'd I might be able to take home the NA 4cylinder :P.

Doubtful but ohh well.