• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While at Bridge Toyota today, I was introduced to the 'Business Development Manager' (read as: Marketing Manager).

I mentioned I was the region leader for RollaClub in the NT, and that we would be putting on a display of cars at the 2008 Motoring Extravaganza. I suggested that perhaps Bridge Toyota might like to help us out and possibly give us some Toyota signage to display around our cars. He seemed to like the idea, and asked that I get back in touch with him closer to the time of the event, which I will definitely be doing.

Also, now that I've finished at Coles, I'd like to start planning on getting these cars ready for the show.

As far as my cars go, the GT-Four is ready, I will just give it a really good wash and detail before the show (as I'll do on each of my cars).

The TA22 needs to have trim made & installed, a bonnet sourced and fitted, the exterior painted (possibly not needed - bonnet WILL need painting though), the engine made to run (shouldn't take much at all), and registration. It doesn't NEED rego to be shown at the show, but I'd prefer to have it all ready and on the road for Alley to drive before then.

As far as the KE55, I'm hoping to have the big front brakes fitter shortly after Christmas (depends on funding). I still need to find a second ignition coil, but that's no big deal. The tailshaft will then need to be tested and possibly fixed/replaced. Then I want to get it painted and knock some minor dents out to make it a bit prettier. And for the motorshow I'll probably remove a leaf or two out of the rear to make it look more racer-ish, even though I wouldn't use it like that for racing. :P

Can you guys let me know what NEEDS doing to your cars for the motorshow. You can also let me know what you WANT to do to your cars before then, but make sure you differentiate between the two.

At the moment, the ae82 just needs a good tidy. I aim aiming to have the body kit on and painted by then. But thats it.

Good to hear about the Toyota signage possibility. Should have asked for a TRD Aurion to be displayed, or even donated :P

Edited by Pure-SX

Good to hear - the less work required, the better.

A new Corolla might be cool to have on display, but it would look shit next to any of the five other cars that are going to be there. :lol:

MAYBE if a new Sportivo is released before then, but I doubt that would happen in time. Although the motor show is six months away, so it could happen.

Excellent. Since both of you have bugger all work to do on your cars (strut braces won't take long - intercooler is another matter), you can help me get the KE55 and TA22 done. :lol:

BTW, I now have my own set of spring compressors. If ever you need to fit springs, you know who to see. ;)

Spring compressors = Tickets to the GUN SHOW.

Ohh, forgot to say, rear shocks/springs, along with front shocks/springs are in. NEW SWAYBAR IS IN. Just waiting till better weather for the front swaybar and new steering components. FARK IT HANDLES SO MUCH BETTER NOW :lol:

Ohh, forgot to say, rear shocks/springs, along with front shocks/springs are in. NEW SWAYBAR IS IN. Just waiting till better weather for the front swaybar and new steering components. FARK IT HANDLES SO MUCH BETTER NOW ;)

I'll bet it does - now you've got power AND handling! :lol:

Shane's is next for work - then the KE55.

Then Andrew's AE71 when he's ready.

i will need a fair bit of work

gearbox is a must and probably clutch as well (strange sound coming from behind the bellhousing)

break need kits put through them

suspension (adam need to have a chat to you about that eg. possibly ordering some for me ;))

wheel bearing's all round

i cleaned the guts out of the interior so its looking smiccoo

gregor's panals which i will pick up hopefully on sunday which will need to be painted because there red ahahaha

rimzies might have to wait dew to more important stuff (if some one wants to loan me some just for the car show that would be cool :lol:)

a good clean/degrease/detail probably a day befor the show

i'm willing to help you's out if you's need a hand

yeah thats about all i think

Edited by ae174agze

Turns out one of my suppliers has closed up shop. So I don't have access to as great a range as I used to. ;)

I'm still happy to help you get the best price possible though.

EDIT: As for wheels, there are some nice 13" Jellybeans that would look GREAT on your car, even if just as a temporary measure. :lol: