Ke70 Panelvan

Paul

Still got this, and dailying it. Just installed a set of Shockworks Coilovers (I was lucky enough to have them split up an ae86 kit because they had another customer wanting just rear springs and adjuster seats.)

I had them built on XT130 stub axles so I'm running bigger front wheel bearings than original. I've used the corona struts and hubs together with RA60/MA61 slotted/vented rotors and MX62 Cressida calipers. I also bought a weld on LCA kit from T3 so I'm running adjustable lower arms now too. Front is fully re-bushed, new rack ends and tie rods.

Handles and stops AMAZING! Chris and Brett at Shockworks will take it for a drive and see if it can be tuned further as its the first KE70 van they have done dampers for and the valve code was an educated guess.

Since last update I have also further tinkered with the stereo, running an extra 2 channel amp behind the drivers seat belt and there's 2 8 inch subs where the 6x9's were. I put some 6 inch splits in the side panels in the rear along with 4 inch splits in the front all running off the existing 4 channel. Clarion Bluetooth head unit with 3 RCA out and USB etc.

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

Cheers guys, yes without hesitation Shockworks is amazing stuff. This handles better than my old track car and still has standard leafs in the back. Car is off the road at the moment as my Internet banking payment for rego didn't process back in October so I only found out recently and my rego has been cancelled :(

Lightning quick small port 4A rebuild commencing this weekend, putting it back on the road legit with the correct engine number, never put the 4A-C number on vicroads system so if its going to be down as a 1.6 it may as well be the engine that's in forever. Stay tuned for more ;)

Got the small port apart now, will start kero bath cleaning everything Thursday arvo. Gotta go to bursons and order little stuff like water pump and welsh plugs, I'm making sure I purchase every assembly part before taking the block and crank to the engine shop.

So far I have...

A reco'd small port head purchased of a guy on dc, I'm getting prices on 256 duration cams so I will be able to take the head with new cams to have the correct shims sorted.

New genuine oil pump.

Two stock small port looms.

Stock small port ECU.

COR and wiring.

New ARP mains.

New ARP conrod bolts.

New head bolts.

Pretty sure I've got all the engine associated stuff of the fuel system, 2 sets of injectors.

4A-C water pump rear housing.

RWD top water outlet. Gotta add two bungs to this, one for speco water temp gauge sender and the other for thermo fan switch.

Converted small port inlet manifold in RWD format, going to look at doing a neater one but what I have will work (I'm super fussy with custom parts)

New timing belt kit.

New exedy sports tuff clutch.

Flywheel (needs machining).

New genuine toyota flywheel bolts.

All sensors except tps

Coil

Igniter

Dizzy, might reco it.

Things I need to get from the farm / buy / make

Thermostat.

5SFE Camry thermostat cover

FWD water pump.

4AC water pipe.

4AC sump.

Welsh plugs.

Rebuild kit for alternator.

Piece of aluminium to make FWD alt relocation plate.

Air con compressor.

Make a little piece to go behind the high point of air con bracket which goes over ps bracket, might just chop it off a ps bracket and turn it down neat on lathe.

Make custom passenger side engine mount to allow AE93 air con system to be used in factory location on motor.

Make bypass pipe for water system.

Grind lettering off cam covers and paint them.

I've just typed all that off the top of my head, I think I've emptied most of the motor related section of my brain.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought some endurotec +1mm oversize pistons and chrome rings (Hastings) this week. Looking forward to getting home so I can get my cams and sort out a couple more bits for the build. Working away sucks in some ways, but good in others. Pistons were dirt cheap from the supplier 5 mins from my work in acacia ridge. We get reamed on car part prices in Melbourne.

Looking good Paul!

Are there many aftermarket sport pads available for MX62 calipers? What is the distance between mounting bolts on the caliper?

I'm looking at running a similar setup but am worried about my pad options. The other thing I am pursuing is 4-pot RX-7 calipers with the above

rotors and struts...

Cheers,

Dougal