Fmic, Chop The Front Bar Or Not

Pure-SX

FMIC, To modify the front bar or not that is thy question  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since none of you answered the question in general chat, poll time.

As you all know I have a lip that I will be fitting in due time. As you all know I also plan on turboing the corolla. What I am think is when the lip is attached and the car is turbo'd is to modify the front bar so that the intercooler has an unrestricted path of air. The cut out would be the same size as the intercooler, I am sure you all know what I am talking about. Most of the hack front bars look like crap however if its done right they look ok.

Thoughts?

Members dont see this ad

With the AE82, there's no real need to chop the front bar. There's HEAPS of air flow through the grille, plus certain models had a bumper with holes in it, didn't they? Plus the lower grille thingy would flow heaps of air too. It just depends what size intercooler you get, but you want the smallest possible one that will cool your intake air enough.

Leave the front bar as it is as much as possible. You REALLY don't want to be advertising that you've got an intercooler if possible.

but you want the smallest possible one that will cool your intake air enough.

Leave the front bar as it is as much as possible. You REALLY don't want to be advertising that you've got an intercooler if possible.

Exactly!!!

I'm running a small frontmount, which is matt black and hidden behind the standard grill. You can't even see it, to the untrained eye it looks like the radiator :evil:

Your best not to advertise that your car is turbo/modified these days.........