Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Hey guys, finally decided to post my car after all this time. Partly because it's almost done (although they never are) and I wanted to kill some time. Without further ado, here are the specs/mods/pics.

Matt.

EDIT: All specs updated and more details at end of thread :)

post-2153-087911500 1291901545_thumb.jpg

Specs:

- 7K conversion

- W56 5 speed townace 'box

- R31 rear end (including discs) with 3.9's and LSD

- Extractors to full system

- Twin dellortos

- Electronic ignition

- Thermo fan conversion

- Brass core radiator

- Various chromed and polished shiny bits

- Custom made lower and harder front springs with lowered monroe gt gas shocks

- Rear leafs re-set with extra leaf added

- Various Nolathane and whiteline gear/bushes

- Resprayed in Aurion Aurora Gold (deleted side badges)

- Original 'as new' interior

- 15 x 7 superlites with Bridgestone Adrenaline's

That's about it for now so enjoy the pics.

post-2153-1196747188_thumb.jpg post-2153-1196747223_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1196747254_thumb.jpg post-2153-1196747286_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1196747468_thumb.jpg

Edited by 78_7kRolla

Members dont see this ad

Thats awsome!

I'm looking to do the same conversion!

what were the main problems?

i've read the sump one but how did you get around it?

and also ive heard there are problems with the gearbox?

any help or links to another thread would be great.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

thanks mate, we just cut the sump where it was not clearing the cross member and rewelded it so that it would clear. Also the custom clutch was made specially to adapt the ke55 box to the 7k flywheel. It cost a hell of a lot but was worth it as it saved alot of mucking around and it's probably the strongest component in the driveline now.

cheers

Matt.

thanks mate, we just cut the sump where it was not clearing the cross member and rewelded it so that it would clear. Also the custom clutch was made specially to adapt the ke55 box to the 7k flywheel. It cost a hell of a lot but was worth it as it saved alot of mucking around and it's probably the strongest component in the driveline now.

cheers

Matt.

Do you have any pics of your custom clutch.

That is vvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy tidy! good to see that "bodgy bob" didnt touch this car!

cheers phatke30!

Thanks mate, yeah dad and i are anti-bodgybob lol. If you got to do it, then you got to do it right. once.

Do you have any pics of your custom clutch.

Sorry but i didn't take any before we put it in.

So Hot !

Whats it drive like ? :P !

PLEASE! VIDEO !

I'm working on at least taking some short in car footage, but it's hard when i'm on m l's as my dad can't take vids for shit :jamie: But it drives great and sounds great!

I'm 99% sure you can just put a 3/4/5k flywheel on the 7k to get around any gearbox issues!!

You could be right on that one, but i'm not sure.

Thank's for all the great comments, i'm still wait for "constructive criticism" which is also welcome.

Matt.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

Mmmm, "custom" and "clutch", you'll want to hope it lasts, the next time it needs replacing its going to be a lot more $$$ again. I would personally rather have a standard (ish) cheap clutch set-up and change it a bit more often, than a dear one that lasts longer; less chance of breaking other components if your clutch is the "weakest link". Apart from that, awesome, mega neat 'rolla with grunt, what more could you want?!

Mmmm, "custom" and "clutch", you'll want to hope it lasts, the next time it needs replacing its going to be a lot more $$$ again. I would personally rather have a standard (ish) cheap clutch set-up and change it a bit more often, than a dear one that lasts longer; less chance of breaking other components if your clutch is the "weakest link". Apart from that, awesome, mega neat 'rolla with grunt, what more could you want?!

MORE POWER! :jamie: Thanks for the comments guys, and if the clutch goes i will most likely be fitting shitty ones from then on!