Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Members dont see this ad
I'm glad I look in here today!!!

I actually went to put a centre console in Tar finally last weekend. I bolted it in, and then went to run the car back in the shed. Couldn't get 1st, 3rd of 5th either because of the angle of the T50 shifter. I was thinking about heating a bending the shifter a bit to clear it, or modifying the console (in a different way to what you did). Think I'll just give this a crack first. :)

Interesting :S

My centre console bolted in fine with the T50?

• 3 months later...

So, after a long delay between updates I have finally sat down to fill you guys in on the completion of my conversions :)

So after fitting up the W56 box, converting to hydraulic clutch and fitting a brand new clutch lets just say my funds were a little depleted, hence the slight pause in updates. Ended up selling off "Graham the 2TG" to pay for getting the diff and axles shortened and getting a brand new LSD fitted. Only utilising the original 3.9 diff gear with everything else being new. Thanks to a good run of fixer and seller cars I was able to finish the car in good time :)

Me, the old man and good family friend then set to setting up the diff in the car and welding the leaf mounts in the correct position. I promised myself NEVER to attempt this again due to the constant measuring, re-measuring and setting up time involved! Once this was done I had a tailshaft professionally fabricated with toyota uni's installed (just in case they ever break).

Much time was spent cleaning up all diff and brake components before fitting. I then set out to fit the brakes. I utilised the origanal corolla brake line t-peice and then fabricated my own brake pipes using a cutter, double flaring tool and plenty of swearing thrown in for good measure. I fitted the overhauled calipers and proceded to bleed which proved to be a bit of a challenge but eventually came through.

I ended up using my original handbrake cables albeit modified at the ends to fit the R31 caliper handbrake bracket.

The car has now been on the road for a couple of months relatively hassle free, and some little teething problems coming out of the woodwork. I am sorry for the lack of photos from this part of the conversion as I began (with assistance from the old man) to chew through this at every possible spare minute we had.

Matt.

Here is the diff shortend but before LSD, paint and leaf spring mounts/brackets.

post-2153-030938000 1288403039_thumb.jpg

Car after first being completed and off the stands. (such a happy and relieving moment)

post-2153-011644800 1288403168_thumb.jpg

Not long after completing the cnversion/s I had the lovely experiance of bending my front left rim (both the spokes and outer rim) on a lovely pothole. Lucky there wasn't much more damage but a replacement wheel was quoted at $190. Car was then fitted with some "fuLLy heCktiK" r31 rear steelies and townace front steelies while I waited for my new wheels. Even went on a cruise looking like this :S

post-2153-052770800 1288403590_thumb.jpg

post-2153-078231600 1288403737_thumb.jpg

post-2153-034915900 1288403768_thumb.jpg

I thought it was now or never and decided to bite the bullet and get some superlites in a more old school 15x7 sizing. A big thanks to Craig from Trackside Wheel and Tyre who set me up with wheels,tyres (fitted and balanced) center caps and new nuts for only a little more than I was quoted only for rims :)

Some quick shots at tafe the day after I fitted the sexy new wheels.

post-2153-012815800 1288403850_thumb.jpg

post-2153-014700000 1288403885_thumb.jpg

wagn: I'm glad you like them as much as I do, the old wheels were good when I was 16 and had different tastes ;)

Now you've got a practically bullet proof driveline its about time you wound some more power out of that 7k!!! :jamie:

Tell me about it! I was waiting for someone to say that. That will definitely be in the pipeline Si but I want to have the car out for the GORC so it'll be mid next year at the earliest.