Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Members dont see this ad
Mmmm, "custom" and "clutch", you'll want to hope it lasts, the next time it needs replacing its going to be a lot more $$$ again. I would personally rather have a standard (ish) cheap clutch set-up and change it a bit more often, than a dear one that lasts longer; less chance of breaking other components if your clutch is the "weakest link". Apart from that, awesome, mega neat 'rolla with grunt, what more could you want?!

Ya i'd be inclined to have the same thing with the clutch by making it the weakest link. You can still drive with a clutch that slips (well, to a point at least) but you can't drive with a busted diff.

But other then that damn nice chariot you have there

• 2 weeks later...

hey great looking car mate, love the colour and the wheels. has been lookin awesome from the moment u got it!! how bout some interior pics?? did u buy the circular halogen lights or somehow change them? cause i want halogen lights so was thinkin of goin with the sqaure headlight front cause i didnt think u could get the circular ones in halogen. :o

hey great looking car mate, love the colour and the wheels. has been lookin awesome from the moment u got it!! how bout some interior pics?? did u buy the circular halogen lights or somehow change them? cause i want halogen lights so was thinkin of goin with the sqaure headlight front cause i didnt think u could get the circular ones in halogen. :lolcry:

Thanks mate. I'm working on getting some interior pics. I got the halogen lights as a kit from auto-one. You should still be able to get them.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

hey great looking car mate, love the colour and the wheels. has been lookin awesome from the moment u got it!! how bout some interior pics?? did u buy the circular halogen lights or somehow change them? cause i want halogen lights so was thinkin of goin with the sqaure headlight front cause i didnt think u could get the circular ones in halogen. :fuzz:

They should be available at SuperCheap or Autobarn? I got crystal-cut (altezza) pair from Autobarn for around $70. :bash:

AWESOME rolla Matt, :lolcry: You're right too, do it right first time for reliability and strength.

They should be available at SuperCheap or Autobarn? I got crystal-cut (altezza) pair from Autobarn for around $70. :y:

AWESOME rolla Matt, :y: You're right too, do it right first time for reliability and strength.

;) Amen brother.

i found an interior pic of when the carpet, stereo and steering wheel was done. And some others from the day i got it.

Sorry about the quality of some pics.

post-2153-1198407305_thumb.jpg post-2153-1198408308_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1198407540_thumb.jpgpost-2153-1198407605_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1198407883_thumb.jpg

Matt.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks mate, we just cut the sump where it was not clearing the cross member and rewelded it so that it would clear. Also the custom clutch was made specially to adapt the ke55 box to the 7k flywheel. It cost a hell of a lot but was worth it as it saved alot of mucking around and it's probably the strongest component in the driveline now.

cheers

Matt.

Would you happen to have a photo of your sump mods?

I do but it wont help you much as it was taken when tyhe engine was in the car :yes: But here it is never the less. You can only just see the cross member.

Cheers

Matt.

post-2153-1199227255_thumb.jpg

Cheers can sorta make it out...

i get the idea...

seems not too difficult.

Great car man only hope mine turns out half as good!