Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Members dont see this ad

just some shorter springs that my dad had already in the front with some standard kyb shockers. This is a bit too soft at the moment and will be getting changed soon. The stock diff is still in there with the high 4.11 ratio. The motor was $895 trade price. And she goes pretty good.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Matt.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

• 2 months later...

Very thorough job, well done :nervous:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you

pay for your extractors and where from ?

I have not yet found a good place.

(for the 5k i am planning on building)

Cheers,

Dougal

• 3 weeks later...
Very thorough job, well done :hmm:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you

pay for your extractors and where from ?

I have not yet found a good place.

(for the 5k i am planning on building)

Cheers,

Dougal

Sorry mate i don't know as they were a present from my old man. As for the place all i know at the moment is that they are Hurricane brand ones. I will try to find out where you can get them from.

Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see some more 7K's in rolla's must pull of the line very well, oodles of torque in a small car.

If you need a clutch again I'd try a 212mm 4AGE clutch plate, K50's have the same spline as a T50. Likewise for 200mm 5K flywheels, use a 200mm 4AC or 4AGE clutch. I wonder if the pressure plate even bolts up too.

Nice to see some more 7K's in rolla's must pull of the line very well, oodles of torque in a small car.

If you need a clutch again I'd try a 212mm 4AGE clutch plate, K50's have the same spline as a T50. Likewise for 200mm 5K flywheels, use a 200mm 4AC or 4AGE clutch. I wonder if the pressure plate even bolts up too.

Incorrect Brad!!!! :dance:

212mm clutch/pressure plate won't fit on any K flywheel.

K50 does NOT have the same spline as a T50. The early T50 (one you want for K-T) has 24.1x21T spline and k50 is 21.6x19T.

You can use the 4ac or 4age 200mm clutch kit on a 200m KM20 liteace (not just 5k) flywheel.....if you have a T50.

Matt should have just used a normal 3/4/5k 180mm flywheel and normal clutch like what is in my 7k wags. :POSTPICS!:

Yep you're right, the only close match clutch I found that has the right spline is an 84 Honda accord, correct spline, but only 190mm plate. I wonder if the T50 and K50 input shafts and snout are interchangeable, probably not.

Sorry for hijack, but how many mm are the 7K flywheels, I thought they were 212?

• 3 weeks later...
Here are some pics of it now.

post-2153-1196748815_thumb.jpg

hey man how th f@$k did you get the pod filter on? we bought all the shit we needed but the lip on the carbie was to small to clamp the silicone hose down onto. we were going to modify the airbox but that would look gay, yours looks really good though.

any info would be really appreciated, otherwise ive spent 150 bucks for nuthin.

and man, do you know where to get the high torque 7k starters from, having alot of trouble finding starters anywhere.

cheers buddie,

yani

Edited by ke70 kid

hey man how th f@$k did you get the pod filter on? we bought all the shit we needed but the lip on the carbie was to small to clamp the silicone hose down onto. we were going to modify the airbox but that would look gay, yours looks really good though.

any info would be really appreciated, otherwise ive spent 150 bucks for nuthin.

and man, do you know where to get the high torque 7k starters from, having alot of trouble finding starters anywhere.

cheers buddie,

yani

We'll i used this concetina-type flexible tubing instead of silicone piping because that is what i had. This happened to be the corect fit for the stock 7k carby. With the hose clamp nicely tightened she fit nicely. So i think your silicone piping is too large in diameter. What you shoud do is make a stencil of your carby lip size and then match it up with the correct silicone pipe.

As for the high-torque starter my dad got it so i will have to get back to you on that one.

Matt.