Matt'S 7K Ke30

78_7kRolla

Any updates mate? and good luck with getting your license in the next couple of days.

Hope to see you on sunday if your still able.

stu.

yeah no updates except that we fitted wider rear tyre on the back with a slightly higher profile. She now doesn't rev as high at 100-110 clicks! Yes, i got the license yesterday (minus the sense!). Sorry but as i told leigh, I won't be able to make it on sunday as i have too much schoolwork and assessments next week. :) Need the time to get back up on top of things.

Cheers.

Matt.

Members dont see this ad

Great to hear you got your Ps, your one of the lucky

one who get the old laws :lmao:

Unfortunately my birthdays not till August so I have the new ones :dance:

(Although most people don't want to cram into my 2 door anyway!)

I will have to get out on a few cruises when I am all legal etc, and see

this in person. I am starting to consider a 7k :hmm:

Congrats on getting your p`s Matt!! It was a great day sunday you should check out all the photos on toymods. don't stress to much though Leigh pulled a sikie sunday with a massive hangover so it was just me and TE27-geu (Dave).

Congrats on getting your p`s Matt!! It was a great day sunday you should check out all the photos on toymods. don't stress to much though Leigh pulled a sikie sunday with a massive hangover so it was just me and TE27-geu (Dave).

Thanks mate. Haha, sounds just like him. I'll check out the pics now.

Finally! An UPDATE! Albeit a short one. I have purchased two DHLA40's and redline manifold off Darren (kangaroosa). Judging by the way they look, they seem to be in really good shape and already have the linkages set up. These will be going on very soon as well as some braided hoses and anodised fittings.

Can't wait for that signature waaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrp induction noise! (and a significant rise in fuel consumption) :D

Finally! An UPDATE! Albeit a short one. I have purchased two DHLA40's and redline manifold off Darren (kangaroosa). Judging by the way they look, they seem to be in really good shape and already have the linkages set up. These will be going on very soon as well as some braided hoses and anodised fittings.

Can't wait for that signature waaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrp induction noise! (and a significant rise in fuel consumption) :wootjump:

Couple of tips on the braided lines/anodised fittings:

Try and use aeroquip fittings were possible. They look identicle to earls or speedflow but are a bit cheaper, and same high quality. Aeroquip don't make heaps of adapters and stuff, so you'll may need to buy some earls/speedflow stuff.

For say -6 (3/8 hose) a straight fitting is $8. A 45o or 90o fitting in the same size is around $35!!!! SOOOOO, where possible use a 45o or 90o adapter fitting (which is like $5-$10) and then use a straight hose end fitting, for a total price of like $15-$20 instead of $35. Adds up real quick when you do a few!

...and be warned.....they can become addictive and you'll want to do everything in the engine bay!! :P

Mind you I'm now loving them more and more after doing some work on them......

1a, undo hose clamp with screwdriver

1b, stuggle with pulling hose off barbed fitting

1c, skin knuckles when you finally get the hose off

1d, then cut off small bit of hose were the hose clamp f@$ked it

compared to:

2a, loosen fitting with 11/16 spanner

2b, casually unscrew fitting with fingers

2c, .....oh yeah, your done!!! :P

Haha, thanks for the post Si. yeah Dad has been doing anodised fittings and braided lines for years so I have plenty of experiance to draw from :P

I am well aware of how addictive and costly this process can be so i am prepared for an extremely light and empty wallet!

Cheers.

Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

what engine mounts did u use? were they custom or the 7k mounts from the van. and why not a fuel injected 7k? is there a reason for this cos I'm thinking of injected myself. just wanna make sure there wont be any major dramas

cheers

Edited by Ke20nut

How's the car coming along matt? Do you think it will be ready for the cruise?

Well it will either be in it's current form or going through rebuild and installation of dellorto's. Fingers crossed mate.

what engine mounts did u use? were they custom or the 7k mounts from the van. and why not a fuel injected 7k? is there a reason for this cos I'm thinking of injected myself. just wanna make sure there wont be any major dramas

cheers

This has been mentioned previously in the thread but we used standard 3k mounts with small washers. There is more to it than just fitting an injected motor. It involves changing over to electric fuel pump and maybe surge tank depending on your setup. It also involves getting the associated 7K-E computer or aftermarket and wiring this up as well. It is also known to be a very tight fit with the injected manifold. In other words it is alot more money and time consuming for not too much of a gain.

Cheers

Matt.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE TIME!!

Dellorto's are now installed and running. Let me just say one thing..... PURESEX. The sound and power is unbelievably it now takes on 3.8l commonwhores! And really who cares about fuel consumption when it sounds like that. Here are 1 or 2 pics during installation and the finished product (sorry bout the quality as it was taken on my phone at night).

post-2153-1220675185_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1220675257_thumb.jpg

post-2153-1220675307_thumb.jpg

Also, i have on order monroe gt gas lowered shocks for the front. Then next after this will be to get the rear leafs re-set and add another leaf into the equation.

That is all for the moment.