Ignition Problems With Corolla Wagon 82( Te 70 )

pendiuu

Hi guys ...I got a wagon 82 te 70 USA version...anyway I put a 34/34 carb webber in it and since my charging ligth came on it is not working rigth...so I figured maybe battery, alternator, voltage regulator, battery cables, MSD ignition coil and ballast resistor replacement will fix the problem...but no after every one of these parts have been replaced the light is still there and the car feels like it want's do die when I first hit the gas...after the revs are high no problems...the only thing is that it make explosions like if there was too much gas goin in the eng but it stills rides with lots of power...also I check how much voltage was been delivered to the battery and it said 18 v....which I think is too much but not sure....I have set the webber to factory specs and still nothing...I think my charging light has to do something with the problem but got no ideas...please help!!!!!!!!post-4443-1197248712_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

It is definatly overcharging, Should be around the 14v mark when its charging properly. Is it an internal or externally regulated alternator? If its internally regulated you would be best starting by checking the regulator first (may need replacing). They usually start to overcharge if they are faulty or if they lose the battery sense wire to the regulator. If it is internally regulated you may have to remove the alternator and get it repaired/replaced..

• 2 weeks later...

Got it fixed the problem was my brand new regulator was bad and a fried wire from alternator to regulator.....but anyway thanks a lot.....about the pics well didn't took any pics from progress but I will from now on the next project is speaker box and all done on the back ...I want to make it look like this one....see pic below....wish me luck and thanks a lot....later

7wpdfgj.jpg