Ke11 With Ke70 Disc/caliper

c0ris

I'm mid converting my KE11 to KE70 discs/calipers on the front but i seem to have hit a little snag. The backing plate does not want to sit nicely. The little pocket in the backing plate that looks like its supposed to be down the bottom to clear the lower arm does not line up when the holes are lined up. Do you need to redrill the holes in the backing plate? This will mean the caliper will be at more of a 11oclock/5oclock degree instead of 12/6 (ie straight down). I don't really want to do this as i know i wont get it consistant both sides. Can i mount the calipers to KE20/30 backing plates? will this work...Anybody out there who has done this conversion please help!!!

Cheers

Chris

Members dont see this ad

Hi there,

I believe I used ke55 backing plates with my ke70 caliper conversion on my old ke11. You'll find some

of them have offset bolt spacing and some of them are square. you obviously need the square.

you WILL have to redrill the holes on caliper mount out and re-tap them to suit the larger bolts.

have fun!

Scott.

Hi there,

I believe I used ke55 backing plates with my ke70 caliper conversion on my old ke11. You'll find some

of them have offset bolt spacing and some of them are square. you obviously need the square.

you WILL have to redrill the holes on caliper mount out and re-tap them to suit the larger bolts.

have fun!

Scott.

From memory they need to be tapped out to M10x1.25