Is It Time For A New Reigon Leader?

flat out

give simon a go?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just putting the feelers out, nicks been here for a while and doesnt seem to pop up much now,

in my opinion simon would better suited as this is like his home and is always doing some thing to corollas and always keen for a cruise or a day at the drags, hes very welcoming and you can usualy always drop around and flap your lips

Members dont see this ad

I'm here alot more than you know.

options are always give if you want to get something going, Ive done it a few times, But its you people that can't be bothered or just don't turn up.

I have no problem getting things going if you want to do something. Put your idea forward.

My job as well it to look after the forums and keep you guys inline and seems to be happening as i don't have to do alot.

But no problem if you wish to change reigon leader Cassy.

Ps: i don't pop up much as i only add on topic content and not chitchat crap and clutter threads.

Probably about time I made a comment on this thread!

I have discussed a couple of times now with Casey, as well as other rollaclub members, and it has always been a topic brought up by them rather than myself. It's not something that I want to do, but if Tassie members wanted me to, would be happy to do so.

We all know that Nick has had a bit of a "driveway re-shuffle" lately, and some of his intersts have shifted slightly, but I think the fact that he has replied to this thread within 12 hours of it being posted show that he is still a regualr visitor to rollaclub, weather we see him actively posting or not!

Like Nick said, we have been pretty well behaved lately and not needed much "supervision" 8/ , so at least there isn't much work for who ever is regional leader!

We'll let the poll go for a week or so, and see what other tassie members thoughts are. - I personally would like anybody who voted to make a quick reply and tell why you have voted that way. At the end of the day I think the final decision should be Nick's, I for one am only to happy for him to stay in the job, provided he's still happy to do so!

The whole cruise/meeting thing is a whole nother story. I can imagine just how frustrating it would be for Nick to organise a day like this to have no-body show up!!!

This does need some discuss between local members, befor anything is put on a calender again however. It would be great to try and get some small events happening again, but we all need to be on the same page, and organise things for days and times that most people can come to make them worth while.

i think keep nick

no affence simon! you know i love you (even if the feeling not mutual) and i love your car!

but even if nick is driving a dak-dak atm, i know he has something up his sleeve and is planning a come back to the rolla-fag scene!

thats just my 2cents,

peace

Ok, I'm a little dissapointed in the voters, and its true. If giving simon the title of Reigon Leader (not that a tite is going to make any difference) makes you happy, then I'm happy to hand it over.

But i can't see much of a difference, You all have a voice and are always free to put up a idea and I'm sure it will be the same under simons leadership :hmm:

so ive thought about it, I resign as reigon leader. You people sort it out.

Ok, I'm a little dissapointed in the voters, and its true. If giving simon the title of Reigon Leader (not that a tite is going to make any difference) makes you happy, then I'm happy to hand it over.

But i can't see much of a difference, You all have a voice and are always free to put up a idea and I'm sure it will be the same under simons leadership :hmm:

WAKK!

Edited by HEKTIC

Does it really matter who is the region leader?

Does having that little box under your name make your posts better than others, Nothing you do will be any different to what you are doing now and i don't see anything from a mod or admin in here so they prolly don't care either.

Does it really matter who is the region leader?

No. :thumbsup: It doesn't.

Casey don't take any offence from the below, you haven't done anything wrong in my opinion.

This situation came about last week when one local member and myself discussed it. I have had very similar conversiations with more than one other member also.

Basically the general consensis was "Nick isn't here much anymore". Now like I said in my above reply, the fact that he replied within 12 hours of the thread being started, he obviously is still regularly visiting the site, even if he doesn't regularly post replies or new topics.

This was being compared to my rollaclub activity. I log on in the morning when I get to work, and leave the page open for the day, clicking back and forward every hour or so, depending on replies, PM's etc. Then I may also go back on again in the evenings say if I knew I was getting a PM. So yes I am here a lot, and my activity is visable.

Now one of our local members has noticed this, raised the issue, and asked the question. I know he's not trying to deliberately "stir the shit" though some people may see it that way. He has simple noticed that other senior members are more active and frankly more helpful* than our regional leader!!!

Ok Nick, now this is were you're not going to like what I have to say! Please don't take offence to the below, but look at it as constructive critism, and maybe as a suggestion of how our little section of the rollaclub world can run a bit better!!.

*We know you know a lot about rolla's/cars/electronics etc, BUT you seem very reluctant to share and help other rollaclubbers when you can. In the last 6 months basically I think you've made technical replies to 2 threads. One about a ke55 brake upgrade, and the other being the recent rev-limiter thread. Now you can't tell me you haven't actually read any other threads in the last 6 months that may benefit from 2 minutes of your time!? :D

I personally have also asked you a couple of questions via PM, in regards to my motor build. Since the questions were about ECU's, ignition etc, I thought you might have been one of the best people on the site to ask, and the fact you're in the same city as me was only coincidental.

I honestly was a bit dissapointed when I recieved NO REPLIES AT ALL TO THESE PM's!!! (Y)

Next:

Where was your welcoming reply to this new member's self introduction.....

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=17398

Ben (yes I know his real name by now!) has been pretty active in his first week, but I doubt he would actually know who our regional leader is, if it wasn't for this thread!!

And when it comes down to it, if he did vote, he probably voted for me as I have welcomed him to the site, had a bit of a chat via PM, and told him if there's any help I can ever give then don't hesitate to ask!!!

Could you confirm my suspicion Ben, as "assumption is the mother of all f'ups" (Y)

Dude, how long would it take to write this....

Hi New member,

Welcome to rollaclub, and particularly the Tassie section. (Y)

I'm Nick your regional leader, please help me help you, by familiarising yourself with the forum rules and enjoy your stay at rollaclub.

answer - >2 mintues as I just did it!!

Cruises - Yes this is an issue. Mate, I know exactly how you must feel with this issue.

Much discussion is needed on this to try and get everybody on the one page. Have you tryed to facilitate this discussion!!? :cool:

Its issues like this that is why Casey has really asked the question. It's not simply the fact you're not here, it the fact that you do nothing on here!!

Sorry mate, but this frankly was not a very mature way of going about things.

I have been sitting on my hands for 2 days now since your "resignation" (although you all know I've been about), as I wanted to see more votes come in, and get more peoples opinions. If you look at the results now, its actually back in your favour!!

To me (please correct me if I'm wrong) it seems a bit more like you've taken this poll as a popularity contest. Rather than looking at it in the way of constructive critisism, you've instantly got your back up and rushed into a decision.

Finally:

If this is the way in which the regional leadership comes to me, I frankly don't want it!!!

I don't want anybody feeling as though they've been "run out of the job", weather it is the case or not....and in this one, its not!!

In my favor or not, if you people want a new reigon leader I'm happy to give it up. simple

Its just a title that gives me the power to keep our forums tidy etc and you being here all the time maybe you would be better keeping a eye one it.

The post you point out was a question about modifying, it had already been answered and most of the answers are found using the search function anyway.

I don't add alot of input again, the answers are easy found using the search function and most of the time are answered correctly quickly, i have been a member here for along time, I do sometimes get sick of typing the same answers over and over again so alot of us do.

I answer every PM i get, What was it to do with, a map sensor i seem remember?

No i don't do alot and as i said I'm happy to hand it over to you for the fact ive been let down a number of times be the members wanting cruises etc not turning up, don't get me wrong you are all good people and I'm not shitting on you, we have lives and thing come up.

"it seems a bit more like you've taken this poll as a popularity contest" I couldnt care about that, we are all friends, BUT i would have liked if someone had asked first before springing this thread on me and getting by back up.

In fact if you had PM me or just asked me i would be just said yes, but i feel is was a little back stabbing happening. I don't like that and I'm sure you wouldnt either and the fact cassy is asking and not you, i thought was a little childish. Sorry

But lets not get to far into this, we are all amtes and i don't want this to be a problem, as i said I'm happy to hand it over, But you do the work and ask the board admins as they apoint who they think is responsable for the job.

Sorry for all the additions, I keep thinking of more stuff, I am at work so i get interupted.

When i first came to rollaclub this forum was setup for a information forum and not so much for chit chat, thats another reason i don't post much, you younger people just want to chit chat so finding information is alot harder than i should be. If i posted the same answer or just said hello to every person that posted we would have threads just full of shit (we kind of already do) this is not what we wanted at the begining.

I try to stick to the rules of this forum, the Rules i was told when i first joined.

I have harassed Nick from time to time, mostly about the commodore radiator in his KE30...I asked for pics and info, and got a quick reply with pics and exact info I needed...so I have found him to be helpful and friendly...as I have with Simon also...The only reason why Simon would probably be better suited is that he seems to be around much more, and that after a long time in a position Nick seems to have lost some interest, which I can totally understand. I'd hate to see Nick leave the site though, he has cool cars, and is always doing something interesting...and has ALOT of knowledge that can assist members of this site.

My 2c