67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

Members dont see this ad

Getting the starter through a friend, can't remember the name of the auto shop he works for.

They could only find the 5K engine listed under forklifts not liteace vans. Would the starter vary between the two applications, will it still fit?? I haven't purchased as yet because I'm not sure on this point.

I never had a great look at the 5K in the forklift we used to have at work, wish I had now. :)

• 2 weeks later...
No progress of late, no funds. :P

My wife has sold our third car so I have to get the Rolla running asap!! Hope to have her on the road in 2-4 weeks!??

Have lined up all required parts, just got to wait for the cash and find the time to pick everything up.

Ken i finally got around to looking for that camshaft,its a 40/76 which is reasonably big but not too bad for what you want.

Let me know.

MAtt

• 1 month later...

Updates!!

Got the Coil, Lifters & Digital Senders yesterday. Now have all the bits to build the engine :(

Tried to get new seals for the KE20 brakes, but Perth Brake Parts had nothing that fitted!! :(

I called Hopper Stoppers, $1300 for a kit which is OK, but I'll need 15" rims, which is not ok!

My 13's have only seen about 2 months on the road :)

Anyone know anywhere else to get seals for ke20 calipers or any more common calipers that will fit on the KE20 hubs (don't want to change rims!)?

Updates!!

Got the Coil, Lifters & Digital Senders yesterday. Now have all the bits to build the engine :(

Tried to get new seals for the KE20 brakes, but Perth Brake Parts had nothing that fitted!! :(

I called Hopper Stoppers, $1300 for a kit which is OK, but I'll need 15" rims, which is not ok!

My 13's have only seen about 2 months on the road :)

Anyone know anywhere else to get seals for ke20 calipers or any more common calipers that will fit on the KE20 hubs (don't want to change rims!)?

Put some KE55 calipers on them man,thats what ive got on mine.Just had to drill out the mounting holes for the back plate i think.

Easy man.

MAtt